I am 20 years old and have been on the same birth control pills for 4 years. I got my period Feb. 8 and had it for the normal 7 days. A week after it stopped, I noticed brown discharge in my underwear which I found out is called "spotting". This continued for 20 days. I talked to a doctor who said to keep taking my pills like usual and that it probably was that my pills are simply no longer working for me. I also got a Pap exam but haven't gotten the results back.

I was supposed to get my next period on March 7 and wasn't sure I would since I had been spotting for so long. Well, I did. Except this period is very odd. It's not very liquidy and is mostly clots. This morning when I woke up and went to the bathroom a clot came out that was huge--probably 2 x 2 inches. I have never had so many clots and I'm really worried it's some undiagnosed cancer that caused my spotting and is now causing all these clots. I have never had anything irregular about my periods so all of this is really scaring me.

I also have been feeling pretty lightheaded today, despite the fact that I've been drinking lots of water and take multivitamins (so I shouldn't be iron deficient).

Anyone have advice or experiences with this? Please help. I'm really freaked out, but don't want to go back to the OBGYN because I was just there 2 days ago and don't want them to think I'm crazy.