Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My Citalopram Journey

Re: My Citalopram Journey

Well I'm hoping to get off pills I don't like taking pills.

I didn't sleep to start with regardless of the dose. Why don't you call the chemist and ask them. I've cut mine in half before with a pill cutter but I'd never advise someone else to do it. You should check with your doc!

That sounds a bit pants Suzie, is it through the nhs, can you change her? I'd give it a go though if it's something you don't really do. I'm not great in groups where I don't know many people and when my youngest started playing football I would stand by myself. One day I just went over and started talking to them and though bugger it... They were all really nice and made me think that sometimes I have to make the effort and not care what people think of me. You've got this!!!

Did you have any issues when you cut your pills? I can't imagine anything would be different besides your getting half the dose.

You sound like youre doing great, Jem. I am really happy for you. I had a decent night last night and this morning isnt too bad either. Had a bit of an anxiety attack this morning that made my breathing feel wonky and had a little bit of ache in my chest along with dizzyness. Initially I worried that the Citalopram was doing something to my heart, but I chalked it up to anxiety and it eventually went away.

My bigger struggle is that when I actively notice myself thinking about the anxiety (which is all day, if Im honest) I seem to struggle because I made it a trigger. Instead of seeing it as just anxiety and a symptom, I turned it into a big deal so now its habit to distress when I catch myself in a thought process about it. Im trying to just label it as an anxiety symptom so as to strip away some fear from it as suggested by another NMP member, but this takes time right?

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nzxt27 View Post
    Is one the side effects upset stomach? I have diarea this morning.
    I have this too, it seems to worsen with increased anxiety, but it is improving.

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

But if I decide too I can cut the 20mg pills in half for 10mg right? I'm tempted too because I already can't sleep. And I love to sleep.
    I had issues with sleep before I got on the Citalopram, but Ive noticed this has actually improved after being on them for a couple weeks. I do still tend to wake up a ton throughout the night, but Im usually able to go back to sleep. I still have trouble sleeping during the day though, but I imagine this will improve with the anxiety.
    Last edited by LiveAboveIt; 19-03-16 at 16:04.

The thing is live you will think about it because it's become a habit. As you start to feel better it will start to lose it's fear and it won't worry you as you will be able to ignore it to the point it goes completely

Well I'm hoping to get off pills I don't like taking pills.
    There is nothing wrong with being on pills, especially if they make you feel better. They are totally safe.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    The thing is live you will think about it because it's become a habit. As you start to feel better it will start to lose it's fear and it won't worry you as you will be able to ignore it to the point it goes completely
    Does the medication inevitably do this on its own with time? Doing my best to go about my day and not be afraid, I feel like an anxiety novice, lol.

It's different for everyone Live, Jem can tell you how it worked for her but then that might just make you feel worse when you don't feel that way.

We all have different levels of anxiety, different breaking points & different tolerances so we will all have really unique experiences. I'm 100% better than I was 6 weeks ago but how do I know that's not just down to sheer willpower & determination? I feel better now than I did 6 weeks ago and I know the citalopram has helped that but I also know a lot of it is down to me too and my attitude toward the anxiety. It's not a magic pill & I don't think anyone just wakes up feeling better one day, but it just cushions the blow of anxiety while we learn to tolerate it and then hopefully eventually let it go.
    I actually think I would freak the hell out if I woke up one morning & felt amazing and back to normal! X

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    It's different for everyone Live, Jem can tell you how it worked for her but then that might just make you feel worse when you don't feel that way.

We all have different levels of anxiety, different breaking points & different tolerances so we will all have really unique experiences. I'm 100% better than I was 6 weeks ago but how do I know that's not just down to sheer willpower & determination? I feel better now than I did 6 weeks ago and I know the citalopram has helped that but I also know a lot of it is down to me too and my attitude toward the anxiety. It's not a magic pill & I don't think anyone just wakes up feeling better one day, but it just cushions the blow of anxiety while we learn to tolerate it and then hopefully eventually let it go.
    I actually think I would freak the hell out if I woke up one morning & felt amazing and back to normal! X
    Thats a really good point, Suzie. I do notice that my attitude has changed quite a bit towards the anxiety. I was afraid that I was psychotic or going crazy because I couldnt control my thoughts or fear. Im learning that you can control your reaction, though.. And at first even this terrified me because I couldnt make myself unafraid immediately with this knowledge, so I automatically assumed I was a lost cause and just stuck this way.. but Im slowly learning.

You are, so give yourself credit. So what if we feel anxious? It hasn't killed us or hurt us before and it won't start now. I had to explain to my counsellor yesterday why I had been referred, and honestly when I was sat there explaining it I thought This is RIDICULOUS! It sounds so minor and not important when you say it out loud. So we have anxiety, and what? It's not the anxiety that's ruining our lives is how much time were spending thinking about it and letting it dictate what we can and can't do! X

Go Suzie lol... That's totally right though! It's about standing up to it even though it's scary and saying... Right I'm off to the shop, or out for tea or wherever and saying, you can come with me if you want as I'm going anyway! The tablets help you do this. The pill doesn't just magic it all away, as a doctor I saw once said, it helps you see the woods through the trees! Or something like that lol

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information