Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: My Citalopram Journey

Re: My Citalopram Journey

She said it might be a while but I'm looking forward to starting the nortriptyline on Friday night and seeing if that helps, how was going back to work? X

I really hope you start feeling better soon, Jem. Ive got my fingers crossed for ya.

Thank you live, how you doing on the sert?

Hi jem,

Really glad you have found a doctor that wants to help and is knowledgable, it takes a weight off the shoulders for sure. Let's hope this allows for a clearer mind which will help the medication take its desired effect. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    Thank you live, how you doing on the sert?
    Not actually on the Sert anymore. Decided to just go without meds because I was getting really sick on the Cit and was too concerned with it happening on the Sert, as well.

Since quitting the Cit, I just look way healthier in general and feel better off for it, but I'm left with this feeling of constant tiredness, dizziness, and just feeling spaced out and disconnected. My anxiety is 50% better than it was, but the way I feel physically is causing some anxiety. I'm not sure if this is Cit/Sert withdrawal or something I should get checked out for, but otherwise I feel fine.

Just would like to feel like my old self again, feeling spaced out all the time makes it hard to forget about the way I feel/anxiousness. Pain in the ass, lol. Any update on your situation?

Yeah I dropped back to the 20 just over a week ago, had some horrible effects from dropping but these seem to be settling, I'm adding in nortriptyline tomorrow at a low dose 10mg to see if that helps with the head pressure/pain... The doc thinks I am getting anxious because of this so they want to try and fix this and see if it helps. Also been referred to neurology so I'll wait and see how I go!

Sounds like you are going through withdrawl at the minute so hopefully it should get easier as time passes x

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    She said it might be a while but I'm looking forward to starting the nortriptyline on Friday night and seeing if that helps, how was going back to work? X
    Going back to work has been great for me, it's totally kicked my anxiety in the butt as when I'm there I have 12 patients who need me so I don't have a minute to think about how I'm feeling!
    My mood is still quite low but I honestly think that's preferable to the anxiety & should be (I hope!) easier to kick x

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Going back to work has been great for me, it's totally kicked my anxiety in the butt as when I'm there I have 12 patients who need me so I don't have a minute to think about how I'm feeling!
    My mood is still quite low but I honestly think that's preferable to the anxiety & should be (I hope!) easier to kick x
    Excellent! good job....

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Work really helps... I feel my worst in the evenings or on the weekends. Work days my motivation is back and the distraction is there... To be honest and this will sound stupid... I actually fear the weekend. I should be looking forward to it but I really can't handle it

Yeah, I think I mentioned it in another post, but.. I work from home, but I'm seriously trying to find a part time job to help give me a reason to get out of the house more and keep me occupied. Distractions are amazing.

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysmd View Post
    Hi jem,

Really glad you have found a doctor that wants to help and is knowledgable, it takes a weight off the shoulders for sure. Let's hope this allows for a clearer mind which will help the medication take its desired effect. Good luck!
    Hey, Jem. How are you doing? I noticed you haven't posted in like 4 days, so I'm hoping that's a good sign and that you are feeling better and not needing to use the forum.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread Information