Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Citalopram Journey

Re: My Citalopram Journey

Tablet form, I didn't know they did capsules. I know they do liquid! How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    Well were all here for you Suzie and we'll all get through this! I hate the tiredness that's one of the worst for me! It's all just bubbling away under the surface at the minute and I feel like it could all kick off at any time, although it hasn't! Maybe as Jay said, I just need to find the magic dose although there is no way I'm doing another 10mg increase. If doc does increase the dose then I'm going to discuss going up 5 or he needs to give me something to help. I'm going to be firm lol.
    Yes do be firm! My anxiety was absolutely horrendous on the weekend, my poor mum was crying because she felt so helpless but my GP just point blank refuses to prescribe diazepam. I'm a nurse & I'd never watch one of my patients suffer with anxiety like that, we'd always give a one off dose of lorazepam or something if people are really struggling.
    I feel like I'm never totally honest when I see my GP, because I only have ten minutes with her and I'm always anxious I just end up skipping over everything. So i'm taking my boyfriend next time I go, as he spends the most time with me and notices my moods more.
    And thank you it's lovely to have the support from you guys x

My partner has also said he's going to come with me. There is no way I'm increasing again without some help. Saying that when I first went on them 10 months ago he gave me Diaz and prop and I refused to take either. Wouldn't make that mistake again. Just stay strong and any side effects you may get you've had before, and if you get the emotional blunting you know that won't stay as I had it and it went. I'm relatively calm tonight, just wish I could be like this all the time! X

I dont know how you stay so strong, Jem. I feel like I just cant calm down.. My mind is always racing and worrying, as much as I try to stop and just focus on something else, it keeps me from being able to enjoy anything in life.. I keep worrying that there is something physically wrong with me that might be causing this, like thyroid problems or vitamin deficiency, because of all the crap Ive read on the damn internet.. or an even scarier idea, that this is just me now and Im stuck this way.. My girlfriend keeps reminding me that it is just the Citalopram causing my brain to be weird because Im still adjusting, but I dont know if I believe it anymore.. and then even if it is.. how much longer? What if this never goes away? Not doing well, lol. Klonopin is the only thing that helps, but never takes it away completely and I hate the thought of relying on benzos.

Everything you have listed, I thought in the first few weeks! One of my favourites is 'the cit won't work and you'll always be like this' it's just anxiety talking!! When I first increased I actually went a bit manic for a while, my thoughts were coming that fast that I couldn't even process them. I have felt like I'm climbing the walls with anxiety and my skin actually felt like it was burning! Side effects are the pits and I've had them all at one time or another! We're all stronger than we think, you are not giving up, you are on here posting and you are keeping going, that's really strong! Keep positive, you are still early days, if this dose isn't enough you can increase! You will get there!! We all will, as we have to!! We will all help each other through it :-)

Everything you have listed, I thought in the first few weeks! One of my favourites is 'the cit won't work and you'll always be like this' it's just anxiety talking!! When I first increased I actually went a bit manic for a while, my thoughts were coming that fast that I couldn't even process them. I have felt like I'm climbing the walls with anxiety and my skin actually felt like it was burning! Side effects are the pits and I've had them all at one time or another! We're all stronger than we think, you are not giving up, you are on here posting and you are keeping going, that's really strong! Keep positive, you are still early days, if this dose isn't enough you can increase! You will get there!! We all will, as we have to!! We will all help each other through it :-)
    Does that mean you have improved a bunch since then? I want this pill to work so badly, so I can just feel like me again. I do feel like Im climbing the walls most days, cant see a way out when Im in the grips of it.. Thank god for Klonopin, its the only thing that makes me feel atleast half normal, just wish I didnt need it because everyone says benzos are so dangerous.

Thank you so much for the support, Jem. Ive felt so incredibly alone and hopeless.

I've improved since I started, without a doubt. Having some calm evenings and my sleeping is fine, side effects have gone. Still having some anxiety during the day and the mornings are a bit rubbish. Getting some blinding headaches at the moment which are annoying, but think they are caused by my jaw so going to dentist on Friday! That would have been impossible a few weeks ago. Things are not 100% but my mind is calmer and I'm talking myself round more. Going to go back to doctors and see what he thinks. How long have you been on this dose?

At around week 4 my mind was racing. I couldn't even sit still I was pacing around, intrusive thoughts, looking for reassurance anywhere and everywhere. Now I just use this forum and chat away so as to distract myself from googling my life away

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Let's see what happens after tomorrow when my dose is increased im sure the racing thoughts will come back and I'll be bouncing off the walls

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysmd View Post
    At around week 4 my mind was racing. I couldn't even sit still I was pacing around, intrusive thoughts, looking for reassurance anywhere and everywhere. Now I just use this forum and chat away so as to distract myself from googling my life away

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Let's see what happens after tomorrow when my dose is increased im sure the racing thoughts will come back and I'll be bouncing off the walls
    Are you still struggling with the racing thoughts, Jay? What week are you on?

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

I've improved since I started, without a doubt. Having some calm evenings and my sleeping is fine, side effects have gone. Still having some anxiety during the day and the mornings are a bit rubbish. Getting some blinding headaches at the moment which are annoying, but think they are caused by my jaw so going to dentist on Friday! That would have been impossible a few weeks ago. Things are not 100% but my mind is calmer and I'm talking myself round more. Going to go back to doctors and see what he thinks. How long have you been on this dose?
    Im so happy to hear that youre getting better, Jem. Im sure everything will continue on that parh, I look forward to being there also.

My racing thoughts and low mood went in week 5 but so far the medication hadn't touched my all day anxiety (week 7)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information