Thread: Lifted weights? Pain on left side? Worried it's heart related.

Lifted weights? Pain on left side? Worried it's heart related.

I'm freaking out! Yesterday I was lifting weights and as I was switching from one machine to next and began right away, I got a slight chest pain on my left side. I got extremely worried and stopped to relax. It did go away. But this morning I have a slight numbing ache on my left side and a bit of nausea. I do experience heart burn and I did have lasagna last night so I'm wondering if maybe it's from acid. I am just really nervous now. I'm scared I'm experiencing a heart attack or will have one :(

I work out 5 days a week, lift weights, cardio, and eat pretty clean except when I treat myself.

Re: Lifted weights? Pain on left side? Worried it's heart related.

Hey ��
    Sounds to me more like you tweaked a pec muscle and now have that plus some panic along with it - causing the nausea. Its easy to pull a muscle even just setting the weights machines. Take a deep breath and stretch a little.
    I'm a sports therapist btw so this might be something I can help with. If you are very worried and it doesn't ease in a day or two, then see your doctor ��

Quote Originally Posted by deedee12 View Post
    Hey ��
    Sounds to me more like you tweaked a pec muscle and now have that plus some panic along with it - causing the nausea. Its easy to pull a muscle even just setting the weights machines. Take a deep breath and stretch a little.
    I'm a sports therapist btw so this might be something I can help with. If you are very worried and it doesn't ease in a day or two, then see your doctor ��
    It may be my pec. I am a female by the way. Today I decided to go easy on my workout but every time I really start to push mysef, the pain starts to radiate. I have been working out for over 3 year now but recently amped up my arms and back. The pain isn't horrible but it's scaring me that it's so close to the heart.

That sounds like a typical sprain/strain. You've probably just used a bit too much weight for your current strength or had poor form in that exercise.

Let your body heal itself.

Thread Information