Thread: Red spot on Eyelid. Convinced it's Eyelid Cancer.

Red spot on Eyelid. Convinced it's Eyelid Cancer.

Ok,

so I have had a red spot on my lower eye lid now for many months if not many years. It's hard to say how long to be honest. It looks like a "red cherry" spot that one would get on their skin. I think they are officially called cherry angiomas. Anyways, this is right on my lower right eye lid. Right where it meets my eye. It's small, about the size of a standard freckle. It's red though.

Anyways, never thought much about it until I started researching. I didn't realize this was such a common area for skin cancer. Plus, my eye has been hurting in the mornings for the last year when I first wake up. The same eye as the spot is on. I found a few pics that look very similar to what I have on Google.

Usually I can brush things off, but this one is harder. First off, there are not many people who have spots on their eye lids. That's unusual to begin with. Second, I have seen pics that look a lot like mine and there doesn't seem to be anything "benign" that looks like mine that I can find. I always have hope it's just an oddly placed cherry angioma. But I can't find any pics of a cherry angioma on the lower eye lid. So I am pretty confident I have eye lid cancer now. Luckily it seems you don't need chemo to treat it. But of course, there are risk considering how close it is to your eyeball. What do you guys think?

Re: Red spot on Eyelid. Convinced it's Eyelid Cancer.

No course not Google keep away from there. It tells lies not true most of it anyway! My sister has a red lump on her eyelid she's had it years.. I wouldn't of thought it was serious don't sound it.ni no how scared u must feel I feel the same about my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by help me 21 View Post
    No course not Google keep away from there. It tells lies not true most of it anyway! My sister has a red lump on her eyelid she's had it years.. I wouldn't of thought it was serious don't sound it.ni no how scared u must feel I feel the same about my eyes
    Thanks but I cannot find anything on google that suggest this is benign. I suppose the only good news is there is no lump. Seems most of the time this type appears as a nodule. But it can be flat too.

When I worked in a dusty carpet mill I got a bump on my bottom eyelid that was red and I forgot what the supervisor called it I never had one before but I read it was caused by dirt or dust blocking a tear gland or sweat gland and it causes it to swell up and kinda be iterated. It went away after a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzxt27 View Post
    When I worked in a dusty carpet mill I got a bump on my bottom eyelid that was red and I forgot what the supervisor called it I never had one before but I read it was caused by dirt or dust blocking a tear gland or sweat gland and it causes it to swell up and kinda be iterated. It went away after a few weeks.
    Thanks for the reply. This isn't like that though. It hasn't swelled, hurt or anything like that. It's more like a red freckle or blood spot. Looking back at some recent pics, I've had it for at least a year now.

Probably nothing then.

If you've had it for a year and it hasn't developed into anything since then that is a good sign that it's benign.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    If you've had it for a year and it hasn't developed into anything since then that is a good sign that it's benign.
    That's true. The only thing that makes me worry less is there is no bump or nodule. I guess this could just be a cherry spot on my eyelid?

anyone else have anything like this?

For what it's worth, something you've had for several months to several years with no progression nor symptoms would seem to me to be benign.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information