Thread: Anyone on Nexium?

Anyone on Nexium?

Anyone is taking Nexium for GERD/acid reflux? I just noticed that it gives me a little bit of left side stomach pain and more frequent bowel movement with softer stool. I am not sure whether it is some of the side effects of Nexium or it is just my stomach acting up. Would love to know others experience with this med.

Re: Anyone on Nexium?

I used to have a big problem with acid reflux and would take nexium as well. With the nexium I never did notice having softer stools, however that problem is nothing unusual for me so it's quite possible it would give it to me and I just didn't notice.

All I would say is I suggest the BRAT diet! Which is Bananas, Rice, applesauce, and toast! If you're really getting bothered by this issue, the BRAT diet has never failed me!

As for the pains in the left side, I'm unsure. I know pains in the right side means that your appendix could be having issues but I know nothing about the left. If the pains become enough to affect the way you walk, ie. Make you walk hunched over to the left side, then I would go see a doctor.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but with GERD all I can say is from my experience, water and peanut butter toast is a really great rememdy if it's really acting up one day! It may seem random, which it kind of is, but it worked wonders for me! I hope this helped, get back to me if I forgot something!

Re: Anyone on Nexium?

Many thanks Owiefj for your reply and highlighting on the BRAT diet. I love bananas, will definitely add them to my diet and the peanut butter toast is surely a yummy remedy...

Fortunately, the left side tummy pain is quite mild and seems to come and go. I have two more days of Nexium and will see how it goes.

Thread Information