Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1202

Thread: Help! Scared of losing my Mum!

Re: Help! Scared of losing my Mum!

23fish, I've been wondering what you have been up to.
    My other half is on sertraline and it's been a rock for coping throughout the day..
    It sounds like you have a lot of chores coming up, but no doubt you will deal with them.
    Do you know it's actually warmer by the sea? It sort of protects from the cold as well as those unbearable hot days we had in the summer. Couldn't see many fishing boats, probably because they were all in the pub.

Buster, Terry is amazing on research. He should do it for a living.
    I'm laughing because that's what he used to do.
    I've done my reading up on the internet, but it still doesn't answer my questions.
    Nothing tells me whether it is better for a family member to be a representative or an outsider. It also does not tell you exactly what the role entails. For instance, regular visits or meetings at the home and stuff like that.
    I just want to make the right decision. I have POA and was told that I still have a say in where mum is or goes and health matters, but this about her freedom being taken away to for her own protection, like not being able to leave the building or wander around the garden at night, which does not apply to my mum anyway as she is 80% paralysed and stays in her bed day and night.
    I've spent so long reading up about it that it has just made my head spin and filled me with more anxiety.

You don't like fruit and nut then. So you won't like walnut whips; another one of my favs. Used to like munchies, but they can make you feel sick if you eat too many.

Lately, I have been in the wars. :(
    I sprained my wrist and now I think I have sciatica. :((
    Two days ago, I was practically crawling around on my hands and knees or walking hunched over like Quasimodo. The pain is horrendous and is worse when I am sitting, so I am driving Mr C mad by constantly walking/dragging myself around the room.
    Realise I need a high table.

Well, Christmas is looming and it will be my first Christmas without my mum and dad.
    Mum is still holding on the home and is not aware of such festivities anyway. :(
    So, I really don't know or even want to celebrate the day.
    Sometimes being an only child is hard. But at least I have Mr C, so I am thankful for that. I suppose it all depend on my back anyway.

It's very quiet on this thread and has been for sometime. :(
    I worry about moaning all the time, but I am so good at it.
    If nothing, it has helped with support and I hope let others know how to cope in similar situations. Have I coped? Probably. But not without the support of others on here. I am truly grateful for that. x

It's horrible when you visit your thread and the lights are on but no ones home , I remember my first Christmas without my dad started meds got really drunk and woke up in the snow surrounded by sick not my finest hour guess I didn't take it to well that was 16 years ago when I was 29 and I still miss him for all his faults but somehow we carry on .
    Will you be putting up decorations in your bell tower this year ( the bells esmerelda ) I started this year with a bad back slept on the floor for two months mri showed I'd worn out the bottom and middle discs probably from carrying the weight of the world , I take cod liver oil and run a hot shower on my back every day that seems to help , I've also got a belt with magnets in and I couldn't believe that actualy works it heats up you back somehow , weird but true , take care .

Well Buster, I am 'Wonder Woman', so I DO need a belt.

You must have been bad to sleep on the floor. Do you have a board under your mattress? My dad used to take cod liver oil, swore by it.
    I didn't have the best relationship with my dad, but I took his passing really hard.
    Let's say, we had unfinished business and I didn't understand his anger.
    Now he's gone, I do, but obviously we can't chat about it.

You take care too Buster. x

I've decided to close this thread.

Take care everyone X

Carnation :(
    I have been meaning to reply and say 'welcome back' for some time but I keep nipping on here and then leaving, back and forth, and I dont want to write a reply without it seeming I've taken time and thought in my reply.

I would certainly say, please don't leave NMP!
    You are a lovely, warm,wise, kind member with so much good advise despite going through so much yourself.

I was thinking about threads going quiet at this time of year and I think maybe its because people are quite pre occupied in the run up the the 25th. I also dislike Christmas, i have a dysfunctional family and it's all a bit false really.
    But I am guilty of stressing about it, as it will be me cooking this year, only for 4 people, but knowing what to cook and what presents to buy is a stress I could do without!

I am so sorry to hear about your injuries, you have been in the wars haven't you :(
    Please try and take it easy and give your body time to heal?

Going through this time of year without your loved ones is very hard. You end up reflecting, reminiscing and it all seems magnified at Christmas.
    Like you say, you have the lovely Mr C with you and you two are a each other's rock of support.
    Do not think you are 'moaning'. These threads are your personal thoughts and nobody on here thinks that anyway.

Please reconsider staying, you would be missed too much xxxxx

Carrie, it is very thoughtful of you to post. x

I was going to leave 6 months when I unfortunately was in the thread that turned on me and left me in pieces because of it. I think it was originally yours?? (Not your fault). But, I was persuaded to stay.

There are reasons why I have decided to leave now and have not taken the decision lightly.

I think you are a lovely, warm and caring person and I know you are going to be ok. It may not seem like it now, but you will be. Take care. x

Hi there carnation , I'm not sure if you mean you just want to close this thread or you are closing your account , I can't believe a thread can turn nasty on a site like this but it takes all sorts , if you think it's doing you no good then the decision is yours , if you keep your account going and just pop in when you feel like it you are always welcome to pop in on my thread as long as it keeps going , hope you don't think when I joke about things I'm
    Being insensitive it just my way of coping with my own personal hell , take care and hope that back gets better .

What a caring person you are Buster.
    Also funny You could never offend me. x
    I've been to an Osteopath today and I definitely have an injury which I am not getting treatment for. Then I can return to being 'Wonder Woman' again.
    I need to move on now, but I am so glad you came online, because I wanted to wish you well and send you lots of strength to keep going. x

Take care then what ever you decide .

Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast

Thread Information