Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Scared of losing my Mum!

Re: Help! Scared of losing my Mum!

That's what is panicking me, they didn't take my number and my old number is out of action due to my toilet escapade. My Mum can't remember any numbers, so how were they going to contact me?????

But when you spoke to someone, perhaps if there was an urgent need to contact you when they didn't have the details there would have at least been a note on her record? Something that would flash up to say you were urgently needed? That's a basic function in even a GP surgery when you go to collect a prescription and the doctor needs to talk to you so I'm sure somewhere like A&E would have functions like that, they must have scenarios where they need to make urgent contact with people when they have been brought in by ambulance but they couldn't get through even when they called.

I think you will feel better about this once you have had proper contact but try not to jump to conclusions, as hard as it can be at a time like this.

Hopefully she'll be moved to a general medical assessment ward once a bed becomes available? Because it's the weekend things won't be running routinely so be prepared for some hassle as regards locating her..

Get some rest this morning and your strength back and go and see her this afternoon? It's the only way to find out what is happening. You certainly would have been contacted in an emergency-I'm sure the paramedics will have got your contact details but maybe you don't remember giving them as things were such a blur? They certainly wouldn't have taken her to hospital without getting contact details for you-it's "procedure" xx

It's hard to relax Pulisa, but we are trying.
    Our intentions are to go up this afternoon.
    Just caught sight of my face and it looks as if all the colour has been drained from it!

The hospital have just phoned on my old number which has been set up in an old phone for incoming calls only. (I had a feeling this might happen, so I have left it open and switched on). They have now transferred her to a Ward, but no other information given about what is wrong or what they are going to do. Hopefully I will get that when I am up there?
    Mr C and I are so exhausted and even though she is in hospital it had created even more work for us; this is worse than before! We now have limited times we can visit which does not fit in with Mr C's Mum's needs.
    I had a glass of wine last night, so I think another may be on the horizon later.
    On the way home, we stopped off for a drink in a local hotel and the whole of the Welsh Rugby Team were there, so at least I had a lot of eye candy to go with the glass of red. Medicinal purposes, of course.

Thanks for everyone's support, it helps me to know I have support when I need it.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

I've just investigated the Ward she has been put in and it is an Orthopaedic Recovery Ward, so I am relieved about that.

That sounds painful but not as serious as initially feared.. Getting someone in to sit with Mr C's Mum at short notice will be very tricky though. Is there anyone who could take you to the hospital so that Mr C could stay with his Mum? Forgive me if this is a stupid suggestion. Or a taxi?

I was just checking my Mum was in the Ward and they had lost her!!!!
    After spending ages going from one Department and another, they found her.
    Apparently she is exhausted and fast asleep, so me and Mr C have decided to go up tomorrow instead; especially as the visiting hours are all day. This will give us a chance to rest as well as Mr C has found it quite hard going and nearly fainted himself last night. I will worry about her, but I will worry tomorrow, next week and next month as well. We can organise properly for the visit tomorrow and relax a bit today.

Carnation, so sorry for what you are going through. sending you great big xx

Thank you Magic.

Anxiety has had to take a back seat for a while.
    I am glad to say that my strength is stronger than 'IT' when I have to be.

Sorry to read about your Mum, Carnation. Hope she gets the best care possible, in and out of Hospital.

I know you said your Mum doesn't like Strangers helping, but have a look online, to see what help is available, for someone needing care at home.

Hope you can spend time with your Mum this weekend and until she leaves Hospital.

Sending you and your family, positive thoughts and look after yourself too.

The irony of fearing the loss of your mother and the hospital losing her is just fuel to the fire I'm sure! Sheesh!

I applaud your courage and determination in being an advocate for your mother and handling your anxiety like a champ. Once she's recovered and settled, some well deserved R&R time should be considered.

Continued best wishes and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information