Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Scared of losing my Mum!

Re: Help! Scared of losing my Mum!

Pulisa, I wish it was a simple as that. We have already exhausted sitter's for the week at a great cost and Mr C is still not 100% himself. It's a long journey that would cost about £100 in a taxi there and back and I have the other problem of my fear of being on my own, let alone under those sort of circumstances. We have added problems within the family unit, because Mr C's Brother who has already sat for Mr's C's Mum on Thursday has now got his granddaughter in hospital with a kidney problem.
    We are not round the corner from the hospital, we are actually in a different County.
    Also the Rugby match is on today, so the traffic will be crazy on the roads.
    No, I think tomorrow this is the best option. I telephoned the ward and spoke to the nurses, so Mum will expect me then. I now feel very exhausted myself.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

I know Fishmanpa, nothing surprises me anymore.

Talk about fuelling the Anxiety!

By 'R n R', do you mean Rock 'n' Roll or is it something more boring?

Thank you tOrt01se, I have a feeling she may be in there for a while. Her mobility has declined and they won't release her if she can not walk from A-B without falling.
    The problem also is her weakness in the last few days from not eating and drinking properly, so I feel she could be in there for weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I know Fishmanpa, nothing surprises me anymore.

Talk about fuelling the Anxiety!

By 'R n R', do you mean Rock 'n' Roll or is it something more boring?
    While Rock and Roll is awesome, I'm referring to Rest & Relaxation

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thought so Fishmanpa.

I just spoke to my sister and she expressed the same sentiment. When all this is over with our Mom and both our parents are settled she wants to disappear to some deserted tropical beach for a few days

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sounds good to me.

I've been looking after my Ma on and off for decades!
    I remember phoning the Doc when I was 16 because she wouldn't get out of bed and it turned out she had pleurisy.
    My Mum has battled terminal Cancer, extremely high BP, extremely high cholesterol, severe depression with suicidal thoughts, Anxiety and Panic Attacks, a serious burn and hundreds of falls over the years from prescribed drugs that did not suit her and she's out lived my Father who had nothing wrong with him most of his life!

As she puts it, "I'm a tough old bird!".

Sorry for making stupid suggestions. Am glad that she's in no immediate danger so that a visit from you can wait until a better time for all. This will probably force your Mum into making some plans for long term care if she gets diagnosed with a condition which will make independent living a challenge. I don't think the hospital would allow her to go home unless she had this type of care in place? I would hope not anyway. I hope she gets to watch the rugby from a bedside TV-be prepared for fireworks if she can't!! Good that she's bothered about it though! xx

That's ok Pulisa, I always welcome ANY suggestions, especially when I can not think straight.

I'm sitting at the computer with a wet flannel on my forehead as I now have a migraine and too stressed to sleep. I am going to attempt to watch a film later.

I phoned the hospital again; yes, I am a pest aren't I? I'm a difficult person to get rid of. I managed to get a good response this time. See, it does sometimes work if you persevere. They said she was stable, but she was stable before she went in.
    She does have a chest infection and has been put on antibiotics and is going for further scans tomorrow. He said there was something else, but was not willing to discuss it over the phone. I am hoping that this is about her mobility and the ongoing care my Mum needs.
    I wish they wouldn't do that; probably the reason for my migraine.
    I reminded them gain that I would be up tomorrow and to tell Mum.
    Of course, now I am feeling guilty for not going, but I also feel guilty for not arranging more care for her. Here I go again, stressing!

Please don't blame yourself. She's being treated for the chest infection which may/may not be the cause of her recent issues. I didn't realise that urine infections could cause confusion in the elderly until my father had one. Infections can really throw people off kilter.

Assess her yourself tomorrow? The hospital probably won't be able to tell you anymore until then anyway and then you get these power-crazy jobsworth withholding info because they feel like it..

Your Mum's in a safe place and is on antibiotics. You can't do anymore. She knows you will be coming tomorrow when she will probably be feeling better anyway xx

Thanks Pulisa xx

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Oh by the way, I mentioned on my general thread, but might as well say here as well.
    Mr C has got the ALL CLEAR from his Cancer OP and has been discharged.

That's great news, Carnation! Delighted for you both! xx

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information