Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Increased anxiety still, after 26 days on 20mg. Help?

Re: Increased anxiety still, after 26 days on 20mg. Help?

So your anxiety went away without you even having to do anything? The meds just work like that? That sounds brilliant. So once your numb feelings had passed, did the anxiety return or are you feeling decent now besides the physical headache and such?

And was it like ALL of your anxiety that vanished? Im worried that Im so obsessed with my anxiety and not wanting to think about it, isnt going to leave alongside everything else.. but I imagine without feeling the fear or having the ability to panic, it wont be a big deal.
    Last edited by LiveAboveIt; 16-03-16 at 00:01.

No I wouldn't say that all my anxiety has just gone, still having some but I am managing to stop it going into a full on freak out! I'm still having some though because the reason I'm having anxiety is still there. But I am coping with it better. When I had it for no reason I just started getting calm periods and then they started lasting longer and longer to the point I knew I wouldn't have it anymore. Everyone recovers differently though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysmd View Post
    I find the med related anxiety is a lot different than the natural anxiety felt with an anxiety disorder. This anxiety sticks around almost all day and there is no particular reason for it, it's definitely a side effect. As your mood lifts in the coming weeks, the constant anxiety sits more in the background. My doc wants me to increase to 30mg next week, he thinks now that I'm out of the bad state I was in the next step is tackling the anxiety and finding the right dosage to do that. I have had ativan on hand but haven't needed it for a week now. Yay!
    Thats pretty much how it is for me, but its overwhelming.. I cant figure out whats actually bothering me as it seems like the symptoms are there for no reason, its just random severe anxiety. But my mind is desparate to figure it out so it keeps trying to delve deeper into it or stick to the emotional feeling, which just causes panic. I cant seem to pull it away, lol.

Because it's med induced and you are not doing this. We keep looking to find the way out but it's the cit doing it not you Hun. It will calm down as the tablets start to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveAboveIt View Post
    Thats pretty much how it is for me, but its overwhelming.. I cant figure out whats actually bothering me as it seems like the symptoms are there for no reason, its just random severe anxiety. But my mind is desparate to figure it out so it keeps trying to delve deeper into it or stick to the emotional feeling, which just causes panic. I cant seem to pull it away, lol.
    Hi,

This is exactly what happened to me and your pdoc is talking nonsense (for want of a better word!!!!). These people have not gone through it, my pdoc talks nonsense too and just agrees with everything I say. You need to try and stop the cycle you are in, I was in EXACTLY the same place as you. Do you have any Benzos? Ativan or anything?? do you do exercise, are you able to??? get out in the fresh air and do some exercise, that is good at stopping the anxiety and racing thoughts. Try and relax, I know it is torture but it IS normal. I couldn't watch the TV or anything without thinking of way of getting out of the mess I was in, I was on a constant loop.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    Because it's med induced and you are not doing this. We keep looking to find the way out but it's the cit doing it not you Hun. It will calm down as the tablets start to work.
    Thank you, Jem. This is all so new to me, trying to hang in there.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by R1CH View Post
    Hi,

This is exactly what happened to me and your pdoc is talking nonsense (for want of a better word!!!!). These people have not gone through it, my pdoc talks nonsense too and just agrees with everything I say. You need to try and stop the cycle you are in, I was in EXACTLY the same place as you. Do you have any Benzos? Ativan or anything?? do you do exercise, are you able to??? get out in the fresh air and do some exercise, that is good at stopping the anxiety and racing thoughts. Try and relax, I know it is torture but it IS normal. I couldn't watch the TV or anything without thinking of way of getting out of the mess I was in, I was on a constant loop.

Rich
    Did the Citalopram fix this for you, Rich? Is it just something temporary you need to cope with until the pills kick in?
    Last edited by LiveAboveIt; 16-03-16 at 17:53.

Gotta say I had this exact same thing when I started on Paroxetine 18 years ago - my god it made me ill! Full blown panic, agrophobia, puking, restlessness, intrusive thoughts that terrified me and my brain constantly trying to find something to panic me, no sleep and no benzos! But........I'd say 8 weeks later it was like a light came on...it literally disappeared - I could occasionally feel my brain trying to "search" but there was nothing....hang in there! It is so hard but it will be worth itxx

I dont know, man... i dont think i can.. im about to throw in the towel.. im suffering with hardcore intrusive thoughts, racing thoughts, mental confusion, the worst anxiety i have ever experienced, i have absolutely no panic buffer anymore

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Was 20mg too high of a dose to start on maybe? Ive always been very sensitive to all meds

Hmmm - its a tricky one - some say start at 10mg and wean up but it means that you will have a prolonged amount of side effects whereas the higher dose means stronger side effects but for a shorter time - How long you been on them now Live?

^ You need to go & see your doctor, you sound like your really suffering with your anxiety x
    I have had plenty of days like this. I notice you just mentioned bipolar disorder in another thread - I too have wasted hours googling wether I have bipolar, wether I'm having a psychotic episode, wether I'm losing my mind. It's anxiety, and the more you fuel it the worse it gets. I really think talking to your doctor is your best bet now, your brain needs a breather.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information