Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worrying myself silly over blood test results.

worrying myself silly over blood test results.

Hey

So the other day I had 7 different blood tests. Long story short, I keep getting ill. No one knows why. I've gotten the results back. All normal except one. I didn't really get chance to ask much about it. But my the bloods were slightly over average, in my pancreas. About a year ago exactly I ended up in hospital fretting about my kidney. And I had tests and the same thing came back then about my pancreas. Before having these recent blood tests done. The doctor said it was probably pancreaitis back then. And when I got the results I said is there anything I need to take considering it's not normal? And she said no, it goes back down on it's own.

The thing is, i'm convinced I have pancreaitis and i'm frightening myself to death. Like I can't start sobbing. I do have pain under my left rib. I have on and off for a year. But, in my head I feel like it's that now it's going over and over in my head. I'm going back the doctors monday to discuss the results but I just want to cry. I'm frightened it is that, or i'm gonna get seriously ill. I just don't know what to do with myself to be honest. I'm trying to tell myself to not be silly. But I think it is that and i'm gonna get worse

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

?

Re: worrying myself silly over blood test results.

If you had acute pancreatis you would be in extreme pain and very ill so its not that. You can get chronic pancreatis but usually this is found in people with alcohol problems.
    If your blood results have been slightly elevated for a year then its not being caused by anything sinister because anything sinister would have finished you off by now!
    Yes I agree do go back to your Dr and discuss your elevated results in case they think you need further testing. There is always the possibility that this is a normal result for you, I have a friend who always had very iffy liver blood results but nothing wrong causing it its just normal for him so this is a def possibility. Lab results are based on the most common range in people but there are always people who don't come into this range.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    If you had acute pancreatis you would be in extreme pain and very ill so its not that. You can get chronic pancreatis but usually this is found in people with alcohol problems.
    If your blood results have been slightly elevated for a year then its not being caused by anything sinister because anything sinister would have finished you off by now!
    Yes I agree do go back to your Dr and discuss your elevated results in case they think you need further testing. There is always the possibility that this is a normal result for you, I have a friend who always had very iffy liver blood results but nothing wrong causing it its just normal for him so this is a def possibility. Lab results are based on the most common range in people but there are always people who don't come into this range.
    Thank you so much for replying!

And yeah, I don't drink, at all. Occasionally on special occasions. But usually, I don't. I feel like, the pain is getting worse which is frightening me. I get that there could be different explanations for the pain but, I can't help but feel it is pancreatis. The pain came back about 20 minutes after being told the results just randomly. So my mum thinks it's all in my head. So do my friends. But I'm not convinced and I just keep thinking i'm gonna get worse. Sorry for being so over-dramatic but i'm in such a state about it and alls i'm doing is focussing on the pain :(

Most everyone here is in that state. We all think the worse and focus on crazy symptoms. Hell in getting random twitches that last only second or two in my arms and legs and idk why. I haven't been eating much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzxt27 View Post
    Most everyone here is in that state. We all think the worse and focus on crazy symptoms. Hell in getting random twitches that last only second or two in my arms and legs and idk why. I haven't been eating much either.
    Yeah I understand that. Strange thing Health Anxiety is. Annoying more than anything ahaha

I just want the symptoms to go away. Then maybe I could start to believe it's all anxiety related

I just want the symptoms to go away. Then maybe I could start to believe it's all anxiety related
    same here..

I wish I could go back to being normal. I was normal at the start of this year.

I wish I could go back to being normal. I was normal at the start of this year.
    well it starts somewhere. It's just about focusing on trying to get better

I'm with you both. Just miserable and feeling like shit tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information