Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dosage increase

Dosage increase

I was wondering if anybody here as ever increased the dosage after 3 years on Citalopram. I recently increased from 30mcg to 40mcg and wondered if the increase would help after already being on Citalopram for 3 years. Also would there be any side effects after all this time?

Re: Dosage increase

Hi I've just started it few weeks ago has it really helped u.

Side effects are always a possibility when you increase but they may not be as bad as when you start. It's always a very individual thing though.

I increased from 20 to 30 a few years ago after being on 20 for 2 years and it worked great. Just increased to 30 6 weeks ago from 20 after being on 10 months. Getting there slowly I think. I did get side effects back again but everyone is different.

Jem the first time do you remember having many side effects from the increase or was it just what you needed to get you to where you wanted to be. A little nervous about my increase coming up

I got the increased anxiety, felt a bit sick, spaced out and tired. Only lasted 2 weeks though. This time when I increased I also got that no feelings at all thing where you could have told me the house was burning down and I'd of been like 'whatever' it all passed though. Your side effects have gone the first time so if you get them back you'll know they will go again! And yes it got me to where I wanted to be :-)

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have been on 30 for 3 years and went up to 40 just under a week ago. I'm getting a few things but not sure if it's the side effects or me like disturbed sleep, anxiety, sweats and nausea when i wake up in the mornings and some anxiety when i go to bed. Hope to feel some improvement.

Hang in there a week isn't long at all and things should start to settle in the coming weeks.

It's one of those things right. I feel like the increased dose is what I need but at the same time I don't want to go through the torture of the side effects again. Why do I have to be obsessive about this... Which I was ignorant to everything, the placebo effect is much more pleasant

That sounds like it could be side effects. This med takes just over a week to stabilise in your blood plasma so that building effect can mean you see them increase during that time and some struggle more with the 2nd week when you are at a more consistently high level as is required but it's always very individual so we all vary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information