Thread: prozac side effects

prozac side effects

hi, new to this but have been reading all the threads and could really do with some reassurance. have been on fluoxetine for three weeks and I know its side effects, but they are so hard to handle, I feel I will not be my normal self again and have many concerns. hopefully someone will reply and we can help each other.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

So have decided to do a diary like others have done on here, in the hope it helps and supports other.

Currently on 20mg fluoxetine for 3 weeks, as Iam starting from week three I will just post my experience from today.

Better day today, I had herbal nytol to help me sleep which helped to relax my body and I did not have any body twitches whilst falling asleep, and it seemed to calm down the awful buzzy feelings in my legs. I think at the moment the worst part is this got to be doing something, can't seem to sit down for long.........agitation/restless I guess but I can't seem to put a name to this feeling..........it's definitely one of I have to do something, but what, I do not know. Checking in with doctor tomorrow, so I shall post how that goes.

I really hope someone replies to this, as it would be great to get positive feedback from people, as we can all benefit from this support.

Apologies for my writing, am lacking in emotion at the moment.

Re: prozac side effects

Day 25
    Slept but had herbal nytol, as every time I start to fall asleep some part of my body twitches, waking me up. had a dream I was going to run on the treadmill but was naked apart from a pair of trainers......I feel embarrassed about having anxiety, so I guess this is coming through in my dream. Woke up slightly anxious, still have a slightly tight throat, which I thought had gone....but no! will this ever stop??

Good morning Zoe01708

I know a few people that have done really well on Fluoxetine but like all medications there are side effects but they usually wear off after a few weeks. Have you tried any relaxation or mild exercise to help with the restlessness? I went out for a walk the other day and found it helped. Everyone will experience anxiety at some point so don't feel embarrassed about it and it will get better Are you finding writing a diary helpful?

Hi Zoe

I took Boots version on Nytol when I first started Fluoxetine - this is my second time and has been much much easier - once you get you sleep back you will feel loads better or at least able to cope with the day much better.

Like Heaven suggested, do you have any meditation apps on your phone that you could listen to before you go to sleep. I stick my headphones in and do 10 minutes every night, I find it really helps me.

Good luck, you're doing really well and you will feel lots better very soon.

hi
    thanks for replying. I saw my doctor today and have had to come off Prozac and its affecting my nervous system. so have to wait a week then start on imipramine. disappointed is an understatement, have to start all over again.

I have been on Prozac before and did not have this problem.
    I did Buddhism for two years so meditated every night, at the moment I have lost all interest in it, I do pranayama breathing still though.
    I don't know if writing a diary helps or just heightens the mess I feel I am in.
    anyway shall check in tomorrow as I feel numb right now.

I hope you have a easier time on Imipramine, never heard of that one before.

Thanks mrscav, I hope so too.

Thread Information