Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headache when move downwards

Re: Headache when move downwards

Thanks people The replies have been very kind and reasuring, thank you

Well actually, are you sure, anyone who reckons this is from sinusitis? Coz this feels like it's in my brain in the centre of my head around the top and slightly to the right. The sinuses don't appear to affect this area, they seem to be, topmost, around the forehead which isn't where I'm feeling this...? :(

Boy

What we could do is move this thread to the forum called "Medical Tests/Symptoms discussion" as we have a neurologist that reads the posts in there.

Maybe he could reassure you it isn't a brain tumour etc?

Want me do to that?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oo yes plz

RLR - if you can give boy any reassurance it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yep sounds like sinuses to me too. i suffer like that lots. It usually goes away by itself or sometimes i go to the chemist to get something for it to take the pain away. Dont worry.

Smile Re: Headache when move downwards

Hi Boy
    I Have Found When Your Head Hurts Like That By Putting Your Head Down Is Usually Your Sinuses. I Really Dont Think Its Anything Serious.i Have Had That Quite A Lot. It Does Go Away. Do You Have Sinus Problems?
    Debera

Smile Re: Headache when move downwards

hi my daughter who is 9 came to me the other day and said she had a headache that was worse when she looked down or when she tried to move her eyes(well i freaked,without her knowing of course!!!)so when i got to the doctors he asked if the headache was worse when looking down or bending,when she said yes he said he then knew it was a sinus infection!!!so it just goes to show that it isn,t always serious and that we do sometimes worry un-necessarily(i wish i could take my own advice!)
    take care hope you feel better soon
    rachel

Boy

Get one of those steam inhalation things from the chemist and try it with some olbas or vicks oils.

In the absence of other symptoms related to sinusitis, a common bacterial infection, then some of the possibilities would include a mucous retention cyst or other space-occupying mass of a benign nature. It is also more common that changes in weather patterns produce inflammatory response by the sinuses, particularly the frontal and ethmoid sinus regions, that produces pressure and pain. Cold, dry air can be especially irritating to sinus tissues and it's important to keep them moist using humidifiers in areas where dry heat is used to warm office or home space. Nasal saline is also available over-the-counter and several sprays of this product will help keep nasal turbines and sinuses moist.

One of the concerns here is that you haven't developed what is known as a "fluid level" at the sinus affected because it can result in further problems.

If you don't experience any relief after 2 weeks, then I suggest a plain film x-ray to preclude any sort of sinus obstruction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information