Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headache when move downwards

Headache when move downwards

Hiya. I've noticed in the last week or so that when I bend down looking down, as you would to pick up something off the floor, I get a fierce ache a bit right-of-centre in the top-middle of my head. This also happens when straining (tmi, sorry), laughing or raising my voice and bit when sneezing (head pressure, doesn't sound good). This is really starting to worry me. It doesn't hurt at any other time, and not when I look straight down when standing up with my chin on my chest, but when bending down. Is this normal?
    Last edited by boy; 04-03-07 at 19:30. Reason: re-wording

Re: Headache when move downwards

Well, this can be caused by a slight irritation to the brain. Maybe a bruise or something; it could be something serious but i kinda doubt it. Have you banged your head or trapped a nerve or slept funny?

I banged it but not there a couple of weeks ago but that wouldn't have done it as it wasn't particularly hard. What do you mean by something serious??

HI
    I dont think its anything serious, i dont think you have an irritation in your brain,i think its more likely to be from tension or indeed you may just have nipped a nerve slightly through tension held in your neck. If you had something serious wrong with you,like a brain tumour, you already know that these are unlikely symptoms from this as a very small percentage of tumours present with headache. Try and ignore it and im sure it will go away

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Thanks, hope so

Have you had any congestion or a cold or anything lately as that kind of pain is a sign of sinusitis especially when youput your head down.
    Hugs
    xx

I do slightly numerous people in my house have in that time. I have slight feeling of a cold in my throat and the slight feeling a congestion is attempting to strike. That sounds good. I hope you're right and it goes away.

Just to add, for some reason it doesn't do it when I look down, down my chest to my feet; only when I actually bend down and it feels like that suddenly makes all the difference and brings it on. It feels kind of like blood is forcing into an area and hurting it.
    Last edited by boy; 04-03-07 at 19:28. Reason: re-wording

sounds like good old sinus pain to me. I wish there was just a way to snap our fingers and all our demons would be exercised. I wish that someone so young didnt have to go through all the pain that i know you are going through.... I wish i could just reach out and give you that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, or that silver lining from that cloud. Please be rest assured in the fact that we feel your pain, and take comfort from our words. You suffer only from anxiety ( as if that isnt a big enough cross to bear) and not life threatening diseases. I wish for you some peace from this constant struggle.
    Nell

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Hello,

Like a few other people have said it sounds like it could be your sinus or tension related. A few years ago I had a pain similar to what you descibe and like you I started worrying and thinking the worse (which just made the pain worse). However I went to my doctor and he told me that it was tension related, I obviously didn't beleive him at the time, but after a couple of weeks it went and has never come back so I guess the Doc was right (he usually is!!).

I know it's easy to say but try not to think about it, try and do things to distract yourself and I bet the symptoms will ease.

Take care I'm sure you'll be fine.

Becki

SINUS .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information