Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headache when move downwards

Re: Headache when move downwards

What's a fluid level? How would I know if I had that? I don't know what other symptoms I should have. Benign mass? It wouldn't have to be benign. Argh this is sounding a lot more serious than recently thought. :(
    Last edited by boy; 05-03-07 at 13:16.

Okay, you're letting your worries run away with you here. We're speaking about factors to rule out, not providing diagnosis in this case so it's extremely important to remain calm. You're going to be fine. An air-fluid level refers to cerebrospinal fluid that has seeped into the sinus, typically sphenoid or maxillary, as a consequence of injury and can be a difficult problem. There is no evidence that you have this at all, it simply means that as part of a work-up, a plain film is taken to "rule out" anything serious.

Tumor processes of the type you are apparently worried about typically do not cause pain as a mere consequence of head position, but rather strictly due to pressure caused by growth and decreasing space within the dura of the brain. You have to realize, however, that this change causes a tremendous number of other symptoms to be present as well.

This website forum is under no circumstances meant to supplant diagnostic evaluation by your physician and by your posting, you seem to be seeking advice whether or not to take the issue before your doctor. Naturally, I am unable to evaluate or examine you so I can't tell you specifically what the problem represents, only possibilities.

If the condition has been present and not affected by any type of over-the-counter relief for a period exceeding 4 weeks, then my suggestion is to seek out your primary care physician and obtain a plain x-ray of the sinuses and head to "rule out" any concerns and to also provide comfort in prescribing you something to relieve sinus pain.

Again, this is not something to let your fears run away with you, but rather mild intermittent discomfort of the frontal sinuses that should be examined if relief if not obtained by the use of over-the-counter decongestants and nasal saline as directed.

Your symptoms are not consistent with a space-occupying mass such a neoplasm (cancer.) Relax and take a breath. You're fine.

Ah right. I'll get something from my chemist, thanks.

Hey, I had exactly the same thing. It lasted about three weeks and I was advised by my optician to go to my doctor as I have had optic neuritus in the past (which can present a bad head-ache that worsens when you move), he suggested that it was caused by a cold that I had had literally a month earlier and that it would go away by itself within the next few weeks - which it did!
    I hope that re-assured you a little bit.

Thanks, it does a bit. I've had the symptoms for coming up to 3 weeks now and had a cold that started nearly 2 weeks ago.

I was over the moon when the symptoms disappeared about 3 days after I last posted on here. Then they came back slightly in the evenings. Then they came back only in the evenings. Now they're back the same as they were before. :( I was actually going to post "it's stopped!" on here but I didn't want to speak too soon. Grr.

ps. I didn't get anything from the chemist as I'm a dirt-poor student at the moment.
    Last edited by boy; 18-03-07 at 19:56.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information