Thread: health issue now

1. health issue now

I've been feeling sick lately, but my doctor found nothing. but i really feel it..
    i just hate health anxiety
    but i wonder if it is really something
    cause i feel it

Re: health issue now

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I doubt it though, considering your doctor had a look at you.

Anxiety alone can cause a sick feeling... if you told us what sort of sick feeling i might be able to be more accurate.

Hallo
    Nausea can be a typical symptom of anxiety. Everyone calls me iron guts at work as I can eat just about anything, including stale seafood pizza ! with no ill effects whatsoever!!! That is of course when I am feeling calm. When I'm anxious, I just feel like I want to be sick all the time.
    Certain foods can make you feel worse though, and ones that are particularly provocative in acid reflux (like onions and tomatoes) might be best avoided. Food allergies are rarer than people think, but there are also dietary sensitivies - i.e. reactions to artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives that can all exascerbate how you are feeling.
    Many people cut out wheat gluten, soya and dairy products because of all the ingredients likley to cause food allergies, these are some of the most common.
    Caffeine and fags can also make nausea worse. I love both, and Ive managed to cut back hugely on caffeine, but not doing so well with the cigs.

Hope u feel better soon,

Izzy xx

i sometimes think that anxiety can make us sicker than some of the worst diseases.I have had every type of cancer in my time as well as every type of chronic disease, and yet i have had nothing. It truly is a case of mind over matter, as in , it (anxiety) doesnt mind, and i dont matter. The sooner you learn to ignore the symptoms of anxiety the sooner it will pass, trust me, i speak from experience here.

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

5. Re: health issue now

the sick feeling i have is, like, acidy and i dont want to eat anything.. like ouch. lol idk.. it just hurts and idk what to do

Quote Originally Posted by QueenVictoria View Post
    the sick feeling i have is, like, acidy and i dont want to eat anything.. like ouch. lol idk.. it just hurts and idk what to do
    It's probably acid reflux. Where acid from your stomach backs up into your oesophagus. Is the pain slightly behind your sternum? (find the middle of your chest and go down slightly)

Yep that sounds like the anxious persons best friend, good old acid reflux , you need to take something for that, speak to a pharmacist for advice as i dont want to advise you without knowing what other meds you are on,but it is a horrible feeling,and you will feel better if you follow the basic advice re diet and fluids which can make it worse, there are loads of us on here who have suffered from it, before i had my endoscopy mine was so bad i could taste iron in my mouth,
    good luck

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

wow,
    i was just about to post something similar to this...
    i get feelings of 'sick' too...not like you tho, mine are more like, i just dont feel well and like im gonna pass out ( i never do)..i had it bad this morn!!! felt soooo sick.. then by this afternoon, im ok again...i was wondering if it had to do with all the junk food i ate on the weekend...
    so i sadly cant help you with that one, but im hoping its just anxiety too....i keep telling my doc about it, but she just says, im not sick..lol...if only i could show her how i feel...

in re to your acid feeling, i agree with the others, it may well be reflux..that hit me about 6 months ago...ugh, its an awful one....but treatable!!!! yayayay!

if only they could treat the 'sicky' feeling..id take anything at this point...lol

also, feeling a bit shaky after workout is quite normal as i hear....maybe you should chat to a trainer at your gym about that one...

take care

Thread Information