Thread: IBS or food allergy?

IBS or food allergy?

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to seek advice for this for a while but have not had the time.

From time to time, I need to void my bowels immediately after eating. Within 5 mins of the last bite I get that feeling and have to rush off.

There is no pattern to it, except that it's usually after having some lunch during the working week.

An example:-

Yesterday, I had a kellog's elevenses and a cup of coffee for breakfast at 9am, 1030am bowel movement and at 1pm I treated myself to a taco bell spicy pork casedellas with spicy fries and a pepsi with no after effects.

Today, same breakfast at same time, BM at same time but for lunch I had a chicken burrito with hot salsa from tortilla and despite enjoying it I had to rush off to the loo immediately after eating.

It's so strange in that it comes and goes but for the most part my bowel movements are regular and solid. Just occasionally I'll eat something for lunch and boom!

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

Re: IBS or food allergy?

I am allergic to peanuts and milk, both of which the reactions are fairly instant. From experience of this, try keeping a food diary and monitoring if there's any particular triggers. IBS can also give similar reactions, I find peppermint tea really helps and is relatively cheap to purchase. If you have IBS, spicy food can really irritate it further. If you are concerned go to your doctor and they can refer you for allergy testing. x

Thread Information