Thread: Thought I'd say Hi

Thought I'd say Hi

Hi everyone!

I registered at the beginning of March, but haven't participated as I always have this overwhelming feeling that anything I have to say really isn't worth saying; but that's always been a thing with me.

In May last year I woke up in the night and couldn't feel the ring and pinky finger on either of my hands. I shook it out like you would any dead limb and went back to sleep.

It continued over the next few nights and I began getting dizzy during the days and worrying. Sleep got harder and harder. It didn't help that I was already stressed from doing two peoples jobs all over the UK.

When I eventually did the sensible thing and went to see a doctor I was a shaking wreck. Put some ibuprofen on your neck to clear the trapped nerve, she said. She also sent me for blood tests due to the tremors.

The Ibuprofen worked over the next couple of days and I felt the nerves release. The blood tests showed nothing. I'm still shaking, dizzy, not sleeping, anxious... I put up with it for another few weeks and then totally broke down after getting home from work. Luckily I have the most supportive wife and family so they were all on my side.

The next day I went to the doctors. You're suffering anxiety. Call this number and take these pills (propanolol).

And that is when I understood what was happening and I started to cure myself.

I'm not sure we ever recover fully though, do we? Once we've unlocked this side of ourselves it is primed in the background; ready to pounce.

I used the IAPT service to get on a stress management course and I used Propanolol for two weeks, now I only take propanolol when I have an attack. It has taken until now to feel better most of the time (but I still have daily periods of dizziness or aches and pains) but it is good to feel more in control.

So yeah...patience and a drive to get better is the main thing.

I wrote a lot more than I thought. Ha! It felt good to type it

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Kuatir and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Thought I'd say Hi

Hello Kuatir, and welcome to NMP. I can understand your apprehension in not writing sooner. For far too long I had those same feelings that my words carried no meaning. But I've come to the conclusion that even if no one else gets anything from my posts. At least I'm getting some release by putting my feelings down on the screen.

Another wonderful point you make is that you have the support of your family. For the fortunate few that have this, it makes the process of creating a better normal a little easier. So Kuatir keep coming to NMP when you need advice and a sounding board. And all the best to you and your family.

Re: Thought I'd say Hi

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Thread Information