Thread: Underarm/Axillary Lymph Nodes - Can you feel yours?

Unhappy Underarm/Axillary Lymph Nodes - Can you feel yours?

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with yet again, another health anxiety issue! My underarm felt a little sore recently and I did the complete wrong thing....I felt lightly for lumps/bumps and couldn't find any so what did I do? Yep started digging!!

Of course once digging I felt a small bump and what feels like a small pea/tissue? I was just curious is it possible to be able to feel normal lymph nodes in your armpit? Everything I read on Google (yup went there) said you shouldn't be able to feel them in the underarm. I can feel something similar on both sides but more easily on the left. The are not big (under 1 cm for sure) so I guess I'm not to worried about the size, just more of the fact that I can feel them at all. Can anyone reassure me & just let me know they can feel theirs too, I'm freaking out here & trying my best not to go poking & probing the rest of my body looking for more nodes

Re: Underarm/Axillary Lymph Nodes - Can you feel yours?

Hi. Have you had a cold or feeling run down lately? This might be the reason why you are feeling what you are feeling. Go to the doctor if you are worried.

Dig deep enough and hard enough you'll feel things, including nodes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I did have a cold a few weeks back, but i would think that wouldn't affect my underarm glands and would rather be neck/jaw glands (don't want to go checking those) I did have a bunch of blood tests done for stomach problems last month and all was good. No night sweats.

Quote Originally Posted by always something View Post
    I felt lightly for lumps/bumps and couldn't find any so what did I do? Yep started digging!!
    And?... of course you felt something! Doctors don't dig when checking nodes, why should you?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies, I guess if you go looking you will find, your right Fishmanpa! I guess I am more concerned over Dr. Google saying you aren't suppose to feel axillary nodes. I did have clear blood results just last month & if it was anything serious it would have shown up in my bloods right? trying to convince myself, can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by always something View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I guess if you go looking you will find, your right Fishmanpa! I guess I am more concerned over Dr. Google saying you aren't suppose to feel axillary nodes. I did have clear blood results just last month & if it was anything serious it would have shown up in my bloods right? trying to convince myself, can you tell?
    Dr.Google will tell you alot of things about health. Half of them are terrible. If your blood is fine and your DR says you're fine then don't worry. Try to forget about the nodes. I daren't even look them up incase i obsess over them too honestly. I'll stay ignorant!

(This is ironic considering how anxious i am about my own health honestly, but hey ho!)

Thumbs up Re: Underarm/Axillary Lymph Nodes - Can you feel yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman200 View Post
    Dr.Google will tell you alot of things about health. Half of them are terrible. If your blood is fine and your DR says you're fine then don't worry. Try to forget about the nodes. I daren't even look them up incase i obsess over them too honestly. I'll stay ignorant!

(This is ironic considering how anxious i am about my own health honestly, but hey ho!)
    Thanks for replying, I will do my best to forget about my nodes & see if it gets better

Hi, I have always had nodes I can feel. Xxx

Thread Information