Thread: Uneven Pupils (Anisocoria)

Uneven Pupils (Anisocoria)

A few weeks ago, After getting some pretty bad headaches, I noticed that my pupils weren't the same size all of the time. Sometimes the left one is bigger, sometimes the right. It is more noticeable in dim lighting. I went to the doctors and he recommended me not to get an MRI because of the radiation from it, he did a basic neuro exam to make sure all of my physical movements were okay. I still have excellent eyesight, and I don't really have any other symptoms. I'm a high school student making straight A's in school, so the doctor thinks that this is happening from stress/anxiety. (I have a panic disorder where I overthink normal things). Does anyone else have this? I'm also on a birth control that I take every day at the same time, no other medications. I've looked at older pictures of me and I can't really tell if there is a difference because of the quality. Reassurance please?

Re: Uneven Pupils (Anisocoria)

Quote Originally Posted by Clc624 View Post
    A few weeks ago, After getting some pretty bad headaches, I noticed that my pupils weren't the same size all of the time. Sometimes the left one is bigger, sometimes the right. It is more noticeable in dim lighting. I went to the doctors and he recommended me not to get an MRI because of the radiation from it, he did a basic neuro exam to make sure all of my physical movements were okay. I still have excellent eyesight, and I don't really have any other symptoms. I'm a high school student making straight A's in school, so the doctor thinks that this is happening from stress/anxiety. (I have a panic disorder where I overthink normal things). Does anyone else have this? I'm also on a birth control that I take every day at the same time, no other medications. I've looked at older pictures of me and I can't really tell if there is a difference because of the quality. Reassurance please?
    Wife and I noticed anisocoria this past Saturday. My right pupil was slightly larger than my left. Went to an ophthalmologist today who referred me to a neurologist. 15mm vs 17mm pupils. Neither one of us ha e ever noticed it before now. My eyes are green, so it would be fairly easy to catch. Scary stuff.

This hasn't exactly helped me on the anxiety end. On the bright side, I don't really have any other symptoms aside from anxiety, so I'm trying to focus on that for now.

Thread Information