Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help just been prescribed need good vibes

Help just been prescribed need good vibes

I'm suffering awful depression/post natal depression currently
    Suicidle at times, a lot of anxiety and a lot of intrusive thoughts from my ocd

Already currently on pregablin and proponol ( As and when needed )

Saw my physciatrist Tuesday and cause things are bad she's prescribed mitazipine 15mg as I get awful side effects on anti depressants

So cause of my previous experiences I just can't bring myself to take this med! ( prescribed it Tuesday ) I'm scared how it will make me feel as I have a baby and a 3yr old to look after. I'm also scared it just won't help and I'm stuck feeling like this forever. Really need some happy stories for this med guys or even advice.

Thanks x

Re: Help just been prescribed need good vibes

Sorry to hear this Avas -

Quite a few folk on here are on Preg and Mirt (incl me), and many of us say it's a good combination for bringing calm to one's life.

This thread is very similar to this one: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=181379 so take a look at it, but there are tons of similar ones.

Remember, these boards tend to be negative because when meds work, most folk take them and get on with their lives and dont tend to post much, while (understandably) when things dont work people go online.

It's very good for most people for sleep, so take your dose in the evening. It *can* work very quickly for some people, and indeed that was my experience. But if it doesn't, don't worry and give it a few weeks.

It may make you hungry, so keep plenty of salad and fruit handy, not junk food, to cope here.

Start-up side effects for *most* people are benign. You may feel a bit sleepy and zonked initially during the day, which can be tricky esp. when you have young children, in which case coffee (drunk before around 2-3pm) will be useful. You may also have some quite interesting dreams...

But your doctor has prescribed it for a reason, so it's worth a try. The mostly positive reviews here may help http://www.drugs.com/comments/mirtaz...epression.html

Best wishes,

Albert

Hi Avasmummy,

I also take pregabalin and mirtazapine, and have done so for some time. It's one combination that does work for many people - not everyone, but you just have to try it and see.

If you feel initial daytime tiredness, I would urge you to persevere because it does fall away after the first few weeks.

Good luck with it, and best wishes with your new family member.

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time and I can understand your fear but it seems that Mirt is often one of the gentler ones at start up - it was for me. Like the others have said you may feel very sleepy for the first few days but it really does pass. This may be tricky with little ones so if there is anyone who can help you out or just be around in the mornings it might help to have them around.

I'm on Mirt combined with Venlafaxine and they have made the world of difference (in a good way) for me.

All the best

I too take pregablin and mirt and my life has much improved compared to the agoraphobic shaking mess I was. I was also on regular propanolol prior to the pregablin but I think it made me feel more depressed and the pregablin stopped the physical symptoms so I didn't need it anymore anyway
    Mirt helped me sleep better and eat again. I don't recall any side effects it was quite a smooth start up

Bit the bullet and just took my first one, fingers crossed guys X
    Thanks for the good vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Avasmummy_x View Post
    Bit the bullet and just took my first one, fingers crossed guys X
    Thanks for the good vibes.
    Good luck
    I bet you sleep well

I had no start up affects just a little groggy for a week although I don't take it with pregabalin.
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 22-03-16 at 02:14.

Absolutely shattered in the day, it knocks me out at night and I just seem to not get full always hungry x

Relatively easy start up effects compared to other anti depressants but the tiredness is tough with two little kids.

I'm glad the side effects aren't too bad but really feel for you trying to keep going with two small children...hopefully the sedation will start to fade soon and the benefits will kick in. Well done for being brave and taking them, such a difficult thing to do after all you've been through.

Does anyone know if mouth sores are a side effect?
    Woke up to 5 mouth ulcers!! Ouch!! X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information