Thread: I Feel Like I'm Crazy

I Feel Like I'm Crazy

I can barely take it anymore. Though I've been told at two hospital visits I have acid reflux, I can't stop worrying anything my body feels warm or like my front, below the breast to the left side, it feels like it's heated, or it'll feel all crazy and 'detached'? Then I'll feel it in my head. Then I have the headaches. Then the red eye, then just about everything else. Stopped up ears. Almost in tears, kind of flailing about at times, unable to walk because of my anxiety because of my dizziness and worrying about falling. It's just taking me over man. I don't know what to do. The doctors don't seem concerned nor find any need for doing more tests beyond EKG and blood tests. Saying it's anxiety and acid reflux and possible muscle/nerve/sinus issues as well. Will I be ok? I'm 24 by the way. I have BP issues but it's due to being fairly overweight and not hereditary. They tell me that is under control though.

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

My main worries are heart issues, tumors, and that one thing. I don't like calling it by its name but it's the headache related stuff! I had like a worse headache ever 10 years ago and got a knot when I hit concrete once. Since then well, ya. I worry if that was something too.

Re: I Feel Like I'm Crazy

Have you spoken to your doctors about a referral to a mental health professional? Anxiety causes all sorts of real physical symptoms and when medical science can't treat them, you have to look at the alternative and treat the source.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My GP will not refer me beyond saying 'Get counseling'. Nothing official really. He won't even officially diagnose my anxiety, it's mostly hospital MDs that bring that up. Now I have the headaches at my temples alternating. I'm just scared.

You're in the US. Pick up the phone! There are mental health centers all across the US as well as hotlines and they can help you!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I'll look into it. Do you think my worse case scenario worries are being overly paranoid? The headaches is my new focus when my abdomen isn't bothering me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I'll look into it. Do you think my worse case scenario worries are being overly paranoid? The headaches is my new focus when my abdomen isn't bothering me.
    I think you answered your own question Call!

Positive thoughts

And what about the dizziness? My GP won't recommend me to an ENT and moving at all makes me dizzy. It's never when I'm just relaxed or anything, only when I move. Wonder if that is related to my stopped up/full ear.

Read a bit of this and make that call

Positive thoughts

Hi Black, I remember you responded to one of my posts (former hypochitriac) Please remember what I told you. Anxiety and panic can cause all types of physical symptoms and as scary as they are, they are not harmful. I rest assure you that there is nothing wrong. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Did you speak to your doctors about managing your blood pressure? Did they refer you to a psychiatrist? Anxiety can also bring on high blood pressure, as it did with me when I suffered my first panic attack a year ago. Do you take any medications. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to help. I was in your position last year and I am here to help. As far as health anxiety and panic, time heals itself and you WILL get better. Learn how to cope and ACCEPT what you are feeling. I am usually online so please feel free to reach out to me any time.

My BP is controlled, at least that is what my doctors all say. The no further testing is what worries me. Back, neck, and shoulder pain is always said to be 'muscular' or 'nerve'. Then I'm told that all the other stuff is Acid Reflux (GERD) as well as anxiety and sinuses (which because of my meds, they can't medicate me for.) I'll get really like... Quite hot, then I'll feel it in my stomach and above my breast and below it, sometimes around. When I have the headaches, well, you can assume my worries, besides tumor. My GP only said to get counseling but has made much main referral. Weak legs sometimes too, and dizziness. My question is can all this really be a stopped up ear, sinuses, as well as acid reflux, just made crazier by my anxiety?

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

Until I was about 18, I often lived with smokers. This also has me worrying that it can contribute to some of my things. I'm 24, but I worry about things like the, well you know. The thing that I've read about headaches being a symptom from. It keeps getting crazier.

Thread Information