Thread: Stool issues?

Stool issues?

I swear, I never thought I'd have one of these threads.

I've never been super regular with my bowel movements; it's rare for me to have them daily, more likely I'll have them every couple of days but I've never really kept track so it's possible I've gone longer.

This past week and a half or so have been strange in that department. Last Saturday I ate out with my mother and started having some stomach pains after. The next day I had diarrhea. I had diarrhea again a couple of days later (maybe around Tuesday)? After that I had only a couple of instances where I tried to 'go' and only a very, very little bit came out. Gross, I know.

Anyway, I haven't really had a proper poo in about a week and a half, not counting the diarrhea and the other little bits. I have had a little bit of a stomachache, but nothing too drastic. I have tried massaging my stomach area and there's a feeling of pressure and a little bit of pain, but nothing too bad and it doesn't seem to be helping.

So, I'm terrified. I haven't googled, I don't dare, but I'm still afraid there's some sort of horrific blockage or something major is going wrong. I saw a doctor last Wednesday for an unrelated reason and mentioned my stomach pain but he didn't seem concerned.

I've been drinking water like crazy today, had a massive bowl of fruit this morning, an apple & peanut butter for lunch, and a glass of apple juice. I thought about buying some prune juice tomorrow if it persists...I debated buying some sort of OTC med but have no idea what to get.

I'm kind of embarrassed to go back to my regular doctor, to be honest. In the past couple of months I've been there four times! Three were anxiety/depression related, and then again because I had a rash. I feel like they think I'm crazy for coming there so often. If it doesn't get better soon, though, I feel like I need to see someone....so I've debated calling in and asking, or else going to my college health center and seeing a doctor there.

Any advice? This is not something I've ever worried about but I'm sure worried about it now!

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

I just *kind of* went...again, it wasn't super easy to go and (not to be gross) it was only two small, kind of gooey pieces that were much lighter than they normally are. Still have a bit of a stomachache as well.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Stool issues?

Hi poppy, it's good there's at least some movement if only to bring you some relief. There are a number of reasons for erratic bowel movements, from eating or drinking a thing that might irritate the digestive system to side effects of meds. ..even ordinary painkillers can upset your normal rythym , so don't immediately think it's something sinister. If it persists and you don't want to see your doctor just yet, ask your local pharmacist what he/she thinks about it, they're usually really good at explaining things.

ISB x

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to go this morning. It wasn't easy, and now I have a headache from the effort, and it wasn't my "normal" stuff, but it was a decent amount and it was solid, so I guess that's good.

I'm going to go on my lunch break tomorrow and pick up some prune juice, drink a bit and see if it gets me back to normal. I'm thinking this is either the result of a bug or a side effect of the Lexapro I'm taking.

Careful there kiddo... you're just one letter away from "Poopy" instead of "Poppy"!

Positive thoughts and poo threads
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Careful there kiddo... you're just one letter away from "Poopy" instead of "Poppy"!

Positive thoughts and poo threads
    Haha.

I swore in a million years I'd never be obsessed with THAT aspect of myself....thankfully I feel better about it now. Now to battle other anxieties.

For future reference try eating some beets! Or drinking some beet juice. They seem to set me straight

Poppy, the Lexapro will definitely be contributing to this. It's just one of those little extra side effects, I'm afraid

Thread Information