Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 27 struggling

Day 27 struggling

Hi everyone

So I've tried my best to remain positive but I'm at my wits end.
    I'm on day 27 of 20mg and feel lower than ever.
    I can't believe how up and down I am. I have cried twice today already and it's not even 12 o clock. I think the tablets are making me more depressed.

I don't know what to do.. I don't know whether to ring the doctors and ask for an emergency appointment or try and ring the mental health and ask for an emergency councilling session.
    I'm really struggling, I don't think the tablets are doing Anything , I think the positive moments are all my doing.. And when I do feel positive I am still obsessed with thinking about anxiety. Nothing takes my mind off it..
    I feel light headed all the time, constantly worrying, racing thoughts, hopeless lonely feelings.
    I am really really trying my best but I am sick of feeling like absolute shite.

I know day 27 is still early but surely I should be seeing SOME lasting improvements? I don't know.

Re: Day 27 struggling

Hi Dan, sorry you're having a crap day.
    I don't want to be all "Hang on in there!" With the tablets because I appreciate they aren't for everyone, but I just want you to know that this is EXACTLY how I felt.
    At day 30 I went to my GP and said I don't want to take them any more, I'm getting depressed when I've never been depressed before and even though my anxiety is slightly better, I feel like that's all down to me.
    So perhaps this is something that everyone experiences after the first month?
    If you can get an emergency counselling session I would go for it. I found my counsellor actually knew more about my medication than my GP and I felt better about it after talking it through with her x

How are you feeling now suzie? You are into week 5 aren't you?

I don't want to scare you but after day 30 I stopped taking it and I got really bad. Like, twitching and convinced I was goung crazy bad, so if you decide to stop it pleeeeease taper off no matter what your GP says!
    I'm a few days over week 5 now & generally feel OK. I've been off work since this all began so I feel like it's hard to say because I know that's effecting my mood a lot.
    I am still anxious, mostly for absolutely no reason whatsoever, but I don't feel as depressed now as I did a couple of weeks ago, and I still manage to go out and do things which is an improvement since this all started.
    I'm hopeful
    I'm only on 10mg so don't know if maybe I've escaped a lot of the side effects that people complain of.

I feel my situation is perhaps worse because (I don't know if you have heard of it) but I have had many failed attempts at trying '<name removed by admin>'.
    And in the book it teaches you about how medication can be counter productive in anxiety recovery.
    So in the back of my mind I have niggling thoughts that I'm doing the wrong thing by taking tablets, yet <name removed by admin> didn't work at curing my anxiety?
    It feels like a lose lose situation.
    It also tells you that talking about symptoms and visiting websites only perpetuates it aswell.

I'm just disheartened this hell is suffocating me again when 2 months ago I was a recovered sufferer and my world has caved in again because of one stupid stupid mistake I made on a night out.

I've force myself out of the house now going into town. I've got a week off work (some holiday lol) and feeling much calmer and content.
    These tablets are really one extreme to the other!! I'm all over the place !

Yeah I still find I have moments where I feel GREAT and then a few hours later I feel rotten again. I just went into work to arrange returning next week and felt great seeing everybody, and now an hour later I feel crap again!

It took me just over 6 weeks for those feelings to lift. Kept trying to drive myself to emergency

Yeah I've ignored the "You should start to feel the benefit after a month" talk and accepted it's going to be a couple of months. I feel like it stops me from thinking too much about how I'm feeling each day.

I've accepted today that the tablets just aren't doing anything for me right now.
    Hopefully I should start feeling some benefits soon. Just got to keep riding the waves I guess.. What other choice do we have ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information