Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I had an Abdominal CT Scan and I'm shaking fearing the results

Today I had an Abdominal CT Scan and I'm shaking fearing the results

Here in my country the results are ready pretty fast, so tomorrow I'll know what the result is.
    I'm really afraid I have cancer or something equally bad. It was done because I had an ultrasound and they said they think I have an hepatic adenoma (a benign tumor in my liver), but they told me I should do a CT Scan to "confirm" it.
    However, I'm afraid they discover it's malign or that they discover that I have cancer somewhere else in my abdomen. A few years ago, sometimes there was blood (very few, bright blood) in the toilet paper when I had a bowel movement and I had a strong pain in my abdomen, which sometimes would make me faint.

Also, another thing that is feeding my anxiety is the fact that when the CT Scan was done, one of the technicians asked me, while I was still in the machine, if I had asthma, I said yes, and she said she was going to talk to the doctor. Then she went inside and was talking with the doctor for 3/4 minutes..... I think it was a really long time, I'm afraid they saw something bad and think that it would be better to use contrast. After that, she came out and said that I was done, that the doctor says he prefers not to take that risk, that it was highly possible that I'd have a alergic reaction and that if the result is not conclusive, then I'll do another CT scan with contrast.

I just can't stop imagining that tomorrow my life will change and I'll discover that I have cancer. Also, there are a lot of people in my family who already had cancer. Right now my mother is batteling cancer as well as another uncle of mine.

If there is someone going through the same or if there is someone who went through this and could share some positive stories or tips to stay calm and positive...please share. This is the only place where I feel safe and ok talking about this.

Thank you guys

Re: Today I had an Abdominal CT Scan and I'm shaking fearing the results

I am sorry you are experixing this worry. I can't tell you how many times I've been in similar situations. I've had health scares that requires scans - CT scans and ultrasounds for blood clots after a slightly positive D-Dimer - so I completely understand the panic. The doctor probably just said that because he found out you had asthma and they have to take precautions - just like they are taking with giving you the scan. Many people have had slight, random bleeding like describe. I hope you don't mind me sharing everything these Bible verses because you may follow a different religion, but I just want to share them in case they do help you calm down, even just a little.... "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And... Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I think you will get negative - good results. Positive thoughts, blessings and Health to you.

I cant relate but sending u hugs �� let us no how u get on ��

Sending you lots of hugs. I know you must feel very scared and anxious, and it's okay. As Booboo111 said, doctors have to be aware of things like asthma because they have to take precautions. Let us know how things go! Sending hugs

Quote Originally Posted by marycc View Post
    Here in my country the results are ready pretty fast, so tomorrow I'll know what the result is.
    I'm really afraid I have cancer or something equally bad. It was done because I had an ultrasound and they said they think I have an hepatic adenoma (a benign tumor in my liver), but they told me I should do a CT Scan to "confirm" it.
    However, I'm afraid they discover it's malign or that they discover that I have cancer somewhere else in my abdomen. A few years ago, sometimes there was blood (very few, bright blood) in the toilet paper when I had a bowel movement and I had a strong pain in my abdomen, which sometimes would make me faint.

Also, another thing that is feeding my anxiety is the fact that when the CT Scan was done, one of the technicians asked me, while I was still in the machine, if I had asthma, I said yes, and she said she was going to talk to the doctor. Then she went inside and was talking with the doctor for 3/4 minutes..... I think it was a really long time, I'm afraid they saw something bad and think that it would be better to use contrast. After that, she came out and said that I was done, that the doctor says he prefers not to take that risk, that it was highly possible that I'd have a alergic reaction and that if the result is not conclusive, then I'll do another CT scan with contrast.

I just can't stop imagining that tomorrow my life will change and I'll discover that I have cancer. Also, there are a lot of people in my family who already had cancer. Right now my mother is batteling cancer as well as another uncle of mine.

If there is someone going through the same or if there is someone who went through this and could share some positive stories or tips to stay calm and positive...please share. This is the only place where I feel safe and ok talking about this.

Thank you guys
    How'd it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Booboo111 View Post
    I am sorry you are experixing this worry. I can't tell you how many times I've been in similar situations. I've had health scares that requires scans - CT scans and ultrasounds for blood clots after a slightly positive D-Dimer - so I completely understand the panic. The doctor probably just said that because he found out you had asthma and they have to take precautions - just like they are taking with giving you the scan. Many people have had slight, random bleeding like describe. I hope you don't mind me sharing everything these Bible verses because you may follow a different religion, but I just want to share them in case they do help you calm down, even just a little.... "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And... Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I think you will get negative - good results. Positive thoughts, blessings and Health to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    I cant relate but sending u hugs �� let us no how u get on ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl18 View Post
    Sending you lots of hugs. I know you must feel very scared and anxious, and it's okay. As Booboo111 said, doctors have to be aware of things like asthma because they have to take precautions. Let us know how things go! Sending hugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    How'd it go?

First, I want to thank you all guys for caring. I'm serious, it's comforting to know that there is people out there who genuinely care about me. This is one of the many reasons why I love the internet.
    Anyway.. I already know the results and they were not conclusive. Apparently the nodule has grown (it was only 20 days since I had the ultrasound) and they say they can't define its "nature", so I have to do an abdominal MRI. I've cried a lot today. As if what's already happening with the rest of my family wasn't enough, now I have to deal with this as well. It's not fair.. I'm so young, I shouldn't be worrying so much about this kind of stuff. I'm also very afraid, I feel like my life hasn't truly began, I'm still in college and there's so much I still want to do. I'm afraid I'll die. That's my biggest fear.
    However, I slept during all afternoon and I'm feeling more positive right now.
    Now my main worry is about the MRI. I'm afraid of the MRI because I have braces. I read that the brakets or wires could start moving and that would be extremely painful or that they could even get "sucked" into my throat, but on other websites I read that it was totally ok to do it. So I don't really know.
    It's an abdominal MRI but won't my head be inside the magnetic field as well?

Well, once again, thank you all so much

Did you have symptoms that lead you to go to the doc in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    Did you have symptoms that lead you to go to the doc in the first place?
    No. I didn't have and I still don't have any physical symptoms.. I just had some blood work levels that weren't normal and my doctor ordered an abdominal ultrasound

I'll say a prayer for you tonight, Mary. What was off on the bloods? Liver Enzymes? And the Doctors seem to think it's benign, but need to know for sure. Let's hold onto this and please let us know how it goes!!

I'll be praying hard for you - right now and continuing - that you will get positive results and that they can take a course of action to address what will God-willing be a benign condition. Positive thoughts!!!! Xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information