Had a chat with my Psychiatrist today about all of the crazy cognitive side effects Ive been experiencing and he wants me off of them. Hes switching me to 50mg Sertraline and Im hoping it has less side effects for me because the Citalopram side effects were becoming unbareable.

Feeling totally drugged/spaced out on another planet, cant focus or concentrate, blurred vision, pressure behind my eyes, confusion and trouble thinking straight, constant diarrhea, trouble sleeping, no appetite and bad nausea, constant jaw clenching and migraines that dont cease with medication, higher BP, mania and mood swings that were not present before the medication, increased anxiety and intrusive racing thoughts, increase in suicidal ideation.

Especially once I began having slurred speech in moments and just constantly feeling drunk, spaced out, short term memory is non-existent. I regret that I was able to make it 40 days in but still couldnt continue as I seem to be only getting worse as far as side effects are concerned. The pills apparently just dont agree with me this time. The first couple times I was on Citalopram I didnt have half of these side effects. :/

Heres hoping the transition from Citalopram to Sertraline is smooth. He told me to discontinue the Citalopram and start on 25mg of Sert for 4 days and then switch to 50mg. So Im really hoping this is the way to go and I dont have to deal with much withdrawal.