Thread: On the edge of a breakdown

On the edge of a breakdown

Just had the worst night in years my nerves are shot to pieces , I had a breakdown four years ago and I feel like I'm going the same way , in the last couple of years my partner has had a heart attack and now gets regular chest infections she also suffers depression and took an overdose I worry about her constantly , my daughter also took an overdose and we were told she might not make it due to liver failure but she recovered , then the disability people stopped my partners money for over a year because her sister told them a pack of lies we nearly lost our home through it until they dropped the case , now our relationship is in tatters so we argue a lot , I have gad , depression and health anxiety which seems to be the last straw , if I sleep I have nightmares and wake up feeling like I've lost my mind , even the small problems seem huge , I've been to the doc but I darnt take anti depressants as they seemed to cause my first breakdown , I've self refered to metal Heath but that's three months away , I'm really at my wits end and don't know where to turn , I have no one to talk to about it , does any one know of any place I can contact , I feel that if I don't get help now it's going to be to late as I'm going down hill fast , I'd apreaciate any advice , I'm terrified of letting my family down or getting sectioned , thanks

Re: On the edge of a breakdown

There are various meds that the GP can prescribe to help you rather than the ones that have not agreed with you in the past.
    Could also do a search for local support groups. I did this and found one not far that was a group for people with anxiety/depression, I found this very helpful talking to people who knew what I was going through

Thread Information