Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I recommend it!

I recommend it!

I think hypnotherpy is the best thing around for us. If only I'd consdired it at the peak of my problems - then again, i might have been too overwhelming with all the isues I had in my head at that time.

It offers a chance to offload, understand your anxiety, and self esteem with me ... and be realistic about things.

The route of my anxiety is self esteem - which is probably the casewith many of us here. itas only when that is tackled that we can begin to control our anxiety - thats what I hope anyway.

We've got to stop beating ourselves up !

clearly I'm feeling postive about it right now. feel some light relief!

On session 2 and its helping me come to terms with a few issues I have with myself.

Hi kd,

We've certainly got a few real successes following on from sessions of hypnotherapy. Fabulous.

It seems to give a helping hand in confidence and positive messages to go out and push back those boundaries .

It is not recommended for people still in a very extremely acute as they are unable to relax enough to allow the hypnosis to be effective.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Yes, of course, I can imagine that it is necessary also to have got to the stage of being able to talk openly about problems and issues that cause anxiety.

I only feel ready for this after a year of trying to sort myself out with medication and pushing myself into anxiety inducing activities at work to practice.

Maybe its one of the latter things to give a go. A year ago I was considering taking out a £4k loan and made enquiries about a sympathectomy. I've come a long way since then, still got a distance to go, but the current hypnotherapy is helping.

Cheers!

You're doing great !

Its good to see

Meg

I have thought about giving it a go but never have done - I might do now!!

Sarah

I'm having hypnotherapy and the therapy is definitely helping me but I do find it difficult to relax during the hypnosis.

Briary

That's brill news.

I'm also having Hypnotherapy at the moment! Have had 2 sessions. Although good I'm still finding it a bit strange to get used too.

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

briany, i must admit I do find it hard to totally relax. i can still hear whats going on around, and get a little distracted. But regardless of that I'm still breathing very slowly, deeply and find it a little difficult to come out of it immediately so we're probably a lot more relaxed than we think. I am thinking at the same time as listening to my hypnotherapist. She said that despite his my subconscious is still doing its thing! One thing I have noticed is that I have very vivid symbolic dreams after these sessions that relate to what she has told me under hypnosis. .... after my first dream i had that teeth falling out dream and i was collecting allmy crumbling teeth - they were coming out by the bucket load. i was struggling so hard to fid a doctor and dentist that would see me - it was like running over hurdles. Finally after a marathon I found a doctor and dentist (had to see both). They told me there wasn't a problem my teeth were starting to grow again and that they'll help me. - I find that very symbolic to that feeling of insecurity that goes with the teeth dream but I was getting help at the end of it.

My hypnotherapist told me I'm really caring about other people and not nevessarily myself. i wouldn't put others down as I do myself. She taught me to think of myself as my pet cat and I'm going to feed it well, treat it well, and compliment it well ........ we'll see!

I think what you learn in your session carries through becuase your subconcious is learning nice things about yourself and getting rid of those horrible things we say about ourselves - e.g. they think I'm useless etc....

Hi kd

Yes, I can hear what is going on around too but I think that is usual.

What is different for me is that I am not very relaxed at all. I still have trouble controlling my breathing, especially is my hypnotherapist asks me anything during the hypnosis, or to nod. I don't find it difficult to come out of it at the end either. I think my experience of hypnosis is a little different to yours.

I still think I am maybe too anxious during my sessions to get the full benefit of the hypnosis.

Briary

Perhaps try a little meditation or deep breathing before you go to your session. ... I actually remain on my venlafaxine so perhaps this helps too. My breathing is very rapid but before i know it I'm breathing from my stomache and not from my throat - sure you know what I mean!

I'm going to try and learn to meditate. I have bought a 'mediation for dummies' book and I'm booked for a day course with the local buddhist group with my pal. Perhaps you could consider that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information