Thread: Resources for cbt

Resources for cbt

Hi,
    I have decided to try to find ways to deal with my problems with anxiety and I wondered if anybody could point me in the direction of information such as online courses or any other useful information. I found one website with an online course for free and I wondered if there was anything else like this.

Thanks,

Re: Resources for cbt

This ones good:

http://psychology.tools/download-the...orksheets.html

Those are the free templates to sue but if you click on the anxiety disorders name towards the bottom of the page it will open a new one with the correct tools and some have free work books/courses.

There is a free online CBT course offered by Panic Center in Canada with a support forum. There are some other free online CCBT courses if you Google them. CBT4PANIC is one NMP have some threads about but it is chargeable now. You can also get free CCBT on the NHS through your GP.

I've recently been given login details for the NHS online CBT course, it's called Silver Linings. I waited 6 weeks for them but I'm sure if you specifically asked your GP you could get them easier x

I have recently started CBT. Through my GP local wellbeing centre, they advised after an assessment for a higher intensity CBT course rather than the Self help one i chose.
    Mines called Silvercloud and it's really a great programme, not far into it but theres so many tools.

As well as working through the modules, there's a mood monitor, symptom diary, journal, thought pattern logs, mindfulness videos and more. Inquire about it with your GP, only took me 4 weeks to get on.

Yeah Silver Cloud - that's the one!
    I was asked what therapy I would prefer, and I said one to one or group CBT but was told the waiting list was too long so just do the online one instead.
    I don't find it helpful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Yeah Silver Cloud - that's the one!
    I was asked what therapy I would prefer, and I said one to one or group CBT but was told the waiting list was too long so just do the online one instead.
    I don't find it helpful at all.
    Hi,
    Do you go through the modules with a therapist or do you do this from home?

I am finding it quite helpful, but it is early days and i know it isn't going to 'cure' me so to speak, I've referred myself for talking therapy, my local well being centre offers this but there is a waiting list.

I just do it at home. A therapist logs in to look at my progress apparently. I've already read a lot about CBT though & keep a journal and do the 'disaster diaries' etc, I mediate and practise mindfulness every day so it hasn't really taught me anything new so far.
    I will crack on with it, but mostly just so I can say I tried x

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    I just do it at home. A therapist logs in to look at my progress apparently. I've already read a lot about CBT though & keep a journal and do the 'disaster diaries' etc, I mediate and practise mindfulness every day so it hasn't really taught me anything new so far.
    I will crack on with it, but mostly just so I can say I tried x
    Yeah i understand my therapist was surprised by how much i already knew about CBT and thought patterns ect, i've spent so long trying different things, have also dabbled with mindfulness but never been consistent enough with it x

I quite like the body scan audio on Silver Cloud, that's quite useful for me. I suppose I haven't really been using it properly I haven't been updating the journal or anything, I should give it a go.

Thanks for the information.

Thread Information