Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The how's everyone feeling thread - updates

Re: The how's everyone feeling thread - updates

I'm kind of angry that Citalopram wasn't the right pill for me. I'm worried about having to go through the entire med spectrum all over again and have to wait another 5-6 weeks before I notice improvement with the Sertraline. Is it like that when you switch from one med to another, or is it faster because you already had one med built up?

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Dan, do you feel like the pills are making no difference at all or are they making you worse?
    I think about my anxiety all the time too, I literally assess how I feel every few minutes & it's exhausting. Until the last few days. Have you got a decent book about anxiety coping methods? Any apps on your phone to help you?
    Hi Suzie

I don't feel like the pills are making me better OR worse for that matter.
    I have intense anxiety but that was me before the pills, and i do chew my tongue and inside cheek a lot but that is just a tic of mine when anxious anyway.
    I suppose if I really think about it they might be lifitng my mood SOMEWHAT, however they are not helping my anxiety in the slightest.
    Is 30 days too soon to decide if they are not working for me? I don't want to be wasting time on the wrong tablet or dose.
    My doctor said book an appointment for when I had been on them for 10 weeks.
    There are so many divided opinions on when the pills should make you feel better I'm confused and don't know when to expect to feel better

I am glad you are feeling better.

Dan my low mood is what lifted first. Anxiety hasn't lifted yet but as you read I increased dose which will hopefully attack some of the anxiety in the coming weeks

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LiveAboveIt View Post
    I'm kind of angry that Citalopram wasn't the right pill for me. I'm worried about having to go through the entire med spectrum all over again and have to wait another 5-6 weeks before I notice improvement with the Sertraline. Is it like that when you switch from one med to another, or is it faster because you already had one med built up?
    I found that it didn't really make things go quicker with a switch... Still the same time. Side effects less though as you have experienced them initially with the citalopram. Let's hope anyway

i feel like i need to be on 30 mg too. i might make an appointment for after 6 weeks instead of 10 ..

Is this with a psychiatrist or gp. My doctor sees me once a week

Hi

I'm on day 13 now and like many of you have said the mornings are the worst, that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. You know it will get better if you get up but it's a struggle to even do that.

I'm also very up and down Dan/Live, yesterday was a great day, not in the morning though and I played golf all day without any anxiety or depression. Its a tease as you think sometimes you've kicked it only to come down with a bump the next day!!!!.

This morning though is a different story Urrghhhh that awful feeling again, why wont it just do one and leave me alone!!!! I feel so negative today as well. Still I am nowhere near as bad as I was previously on cit and am doing fairly well in the grand scheme.

I'm thinking of increasing to 30mg but not sure as its only been 2 weeks on 20mg.

Good luck all

Rich

I've just got a new book called Hardcore Self help; F**k anxiety, so I'm looking forward to reading that today.
    I've found when I wake up feeling awful, it helps to lie in bed and listen to a guided meditation or body map instead of just dreading getting out of bed x

Doctors are so different on guidelines for doses and when they see you that it's actually quite scary! My doc has increased my dose after 3 1/2 weeks before, whereas this time, when I saw a locum after 5 weeks he wouldn't increase and told me to wait 8 weeks! My doctor also gives me 2 months worth when I increase and never asks to see me again!
    I do think 10 weeks sounds a long time though Dan.
    I've had that much conflicting advise from doctors at my surgery concerning doses, increases and even changing methods that I think I'm going to ask my doctor to refer me to a psych even if I have to pay privately as surely they are the people in the know where these meds are concerned! Don't get me wrong I think some doctors are really up on this but sadly I don't think mine is!

My GP never wants to follow me up. I do feel bad for GP's because they're expected to know a lot about a lot of things but there clearly needs to be a change in the way they deal with psych patients & medications.

Well I'm on week 5 of 20mg...if I got work I can cope it seems as long as I'm thinking about other stuff I'm fine, weekends worse....no go...no enthusiasm....can't be bothered....emotionally drained.....mentally unstable......im piling weight on...never felt so low, I can only hope I'm at the bottom and soon things will turn for the better.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information