Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: post-DP life aka horror life

Re: post-DP life aka horror life

Also Mike, when you were at work did it feel completely different to you than it used to before DP, like people looked weird and just an overall feeling of everything seeming different? If so how did you manage to get through work? I was signed off work, started feeling a bit better and went back to work, everything seemed so different and it felt weird talking to other people, and it just seemed to get worse, and then I got signed off again

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your reply, I saw it just after I posted my other comment re work. That's good that you didn't have to go through the existential thoughts, as they are just awful x

Quote Originally Posted by Jenijar View Post
    Also Mike, when you were at work did it feel completely different to you than it used to before DP, like people looked weird and just an overall feeling of everything seeming different? If so how did you manage to get through work? I was signed off work, started feeling a bit better and went back to work, everything seemed so different and it felt weird talking to other people, and it just seemed to get worse, and then I got signed off again

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your reply, I saw it just after I posted my other comment re work. That's good that you didn't have to go through the existential thoughts, as they are just awful x
    Yes work still doesn't feel totally normal either as i'm not fully recovered, but maybe that's because I have a new job and I am away from my friends and totally on my own now. You just have to deal with it and confront it. Don't fight it just let it do it's worst and soldier on through it. You don't want to look back in a few years time about all the time wasted hiding from your job and your life.

Did you feel strange doing things such as eating dinner? I feel so odd eating. Also just washed my hair and it felt so strange, stranger than I can ever put into words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information