Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: A message from the admins. please read

Re: A message from the admins. please read

Sorry, Terry-I don't understand what you are getting at here? All I was saying was I hope that the HA board can become more proactive in actually helping people manage their HA as opposed to being mainly concerned with symptoms.

Just because threads get moved away from the HA board to a board more suitable to their content doesn’t mean that people should just abandon those threads. That’s sending the message that your thread is not important unless it’s on the HA board. Not everyone has shady motives for “following them”. The mods are doing the right thing by moving threads away from certain boards to other boards more suitable to their content. I’ve also seen them move threads from boards to the HA board.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sorry, Terry-I don't understand what you are getting at here? All I was saying was I hope that the HA board can become more proactive in actually helping people manage their HA as opposed to being mainly concerned with symptoms.
    At the time there was an assumption that the board was quiet because an issue had gone away. The issue in question just shifted onto individuals and I don't think that's fair.

Sorry but I still don't understand. When is the HA board ever quiet? The admin team have taken control of a particular thread and in my opinion that needed doing. The individual is still receiving attention but it's targeted at the behaviour and restricts others being drawn into the thread. How is that unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by nmpadmin View Post
    Public arguments on the forum are really not needed and just serve to cause tension amongst members and increase people’s anxiety which is of course the opposite of what NMP is here for. Verbal abuse of any member is very much frowned upon and you open yourself up to warnings and ultimately a ban from the forum.

If you have problems with what a member is saying on a thread then PM that member to ‘discuss’ it, do not initiate an argument on the thread, if you have a problem with what has been said on a thread then another option is to report the thread/reply using the report triangle at the top right of the thread/post

99.9% of us on NMP suffer or care for someone with mental health problems, so treat members, how you would like to be treated yourself with your illness

Above all please remember the aim of No More Panic, to give help and support to people who are sufferers of mental health problems.
    Despite what members may feel repetitive posters do not cause nearly as much of a strain on Admins as the arguing it seems to generate in people.

This forum was never set up to be HA site, it has just taken over the boards.

If moving boards helps to cut down on the re-assurance seeking behavior that has to be a good thing.

I understand what you are saying re helping people on the HA part of the forum. Sadly I feel that is something that we have not been so good at as a whole.

Yes we offer sound advice to try and break the cycle but I have seen people come back when they are struggling to keep the dragon at bay and they receive much fewer answers.

Sad to say it is the "help me I really am dying" posts that get the most attention.

Anyway just my thoughts, there are a lot of strong personalities on this forum and you all have something valuable to offer. Please do not allow petty differences and sniping detract from the great work that you all do on here.

Elen

For clarity I am not picking on any one person, nor am I posting on behalf of admin.

No probs, Elen. I was just responding to explain the previous point. That's done now.

It's always been the case in life that those who shout loudest get the most response and it's the same on here. I suppose that's what causes the friction. It must be very hard to be a moderator on a forum such as this one.

Bump

I tend to agree on this Pulisa there's still a couple of those HA threads on the go no doubt with the same reassurance seeking going on We are told and rightly so to stop feeding the strays and do we I know I have stopped. Think more proactive advice should be given on the HA board and especially those 2 threads as I don't believe those members are going to get better. Sorry just needed to get this across folks ATB

Bump.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information