Thread: Something moves under right front rib!

Something moves under right front rib!

Hello.

When I press the edge of my right, bottom, front rib (the last one that joins the sternum) something 'pops' in and out! I can push it in and then it pops straight out again. I have no pain from this particular place but do have slight rib pain both sides right at the edge where the ribs bend upwards to meet the sternum.
    I don't know if the two things are connected.

I've also just been to a chiropractor for lower back ache. Apparently I have "wonky hips".....marvellous!

Does anyone else have this weird movement that flips in and out when pressed? I'm currently waiting for an Ultrasound.

Re: Something moves under right front rib!

We all have a xyphoid process in that area. Depending on your anatomy, you could be manipulating it. At least from your description, that is where I am visualizing. Try not to play with the area too much, regardless. That may just irritation and then you will think it is getting worse. I am speaking from experience, of course. I tend to hyper-focus on an area and actually make it worse with all my poking/prodding, which increases my anxiety because then I feel it is progressing to some horrendous stage. Good luck and I am glad you are getting a test done, you will feel better!!

Re: Something moves under right front rib!

Thanks for getting in touch 31andcounting. Because it doesn't hurt, I actually have no idea how long it has been there but of course, once I discovered it, I couldn't leave it alone and started scaring myself. Fingers crossed the ultrasound appointment will come through fairly quickly. Thanks once again

Thread Information