Thread: Has anyone successfully got off Paxil ?

Has anyone successfully got off Paxil ?

I am looking at options for the next medication to try this has good reviews accept the withdrawals and coming off part is it possible to stop it altogether if needs be or are you stuck on it for life once you start?

Re: Has anyone successfully got off Paxil ?

Quote Originally Posted by rosegarden View Post
    I am looking at options for the next medication to try this has good reviews accept the withdrawals and coming off part is it possible to stop it altogether if needs be or are you stuck on it for life once you start?

I've not found it to hard this time after a few failed attempts, but I've taken tapering off very slowly this time after taking it for 10 years. I've been as high as 30mg and now down to 10mg. Coming off slowly is key.

Hi

I have got off this twice before with no issues at all. Tapered gradually and was symptom free for a year then all the anxiety symptoms returned following stressful period at work and house move. but no issues stopping at the time. only issue is currently restarting again :(

Hi guys
    Any long term med needs care when coming off them. You see loads of negative stuff about withdrawal from Paxil and venlafaxine. I've had experience with both and had no probs by careful tapering.
    Tims

It's taken me 5 years to get to under 1mg using liquid formula. I was very sensitive to the med but it worked very well. Spent longer trying to get off it but I'm a rare case!

I will be ditching it soon, these last stages have been psychological I think. I went through withdrawal a while back.

I'm probably in the minority here but I quit antidepressants April 2014 Cold Turkey. I took Fluoxetine for 4 years and 8 months, then Citalopram for 5 months, then Paroxetine for 8 months one after the other. There is no guarantee you will be able to come off easily just as there is no guarantee you will struggle to come off them (just as people were telling me I'd definitely get withdrawal etc etc etc. I didn't, my cold turkey was a piece of cake although I still suffer from depression, but antidepressants aren't necessarily a cure anyway).

Thread Information