Thread: sharp pain in artery in neck??

sharp pain in artery in neck??

This is literally my third post this week.. This symptom has been going on for several months now, I think. It just happened a moment ago which is what inspired me to write this.. Basically the main artery in the right side of my neck will randomly get a shooting pain through it all the way from my ear down to my collarbone. It lasts a few seconds to a few minutes and its terrifying. Every time it happens I think I have an aneursym that burst or something. I googled this symptom and of course the first thing that comes up is strokes and mini strokes. I'm having a full blown panic attack now. I am slightly overweight and have high blood pressure, but I'm only 20, turning 21 next month. Surely I can't be dying now can I?? I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow after not going since 2012 out of fear that they will tell me I'm dying. Its just an overall checkup but I'm hoping they'll be able to tell if something is really wrong with me. I just need peace of mind until then.. Does anyone else experience this?? I'm under extreme stress amd have bad muscle tension in my back and like I said I have high blood pressure.. Just please someone tell me I'm not having mini strokes or about to have a full blown stroke or aneurysm :(

Re: sharp pain in artery in neck??

I get this all the time.. all over my neck arteries and also my throat and various places. Its just muscles and tension I assure you . I am 61 and I know that more than likely its from the way I lean my head or neck or etc.. Happens all the time and I think you are pretty safe being 20. I would not worry but I am not a doctor but would be willing to bet its all muscle. So try to be strong and not worry.. Good luck and feel better soon.

Thread Information