Thread: Lumps in jaw

Lumps in jaw

Hello,

I am a 21 year old male with two lumps under my right jaw-line. One lump is very small, less than 2 mm as far as I can tell, but it is hard. The other lump or structure is situated directly behind this one, near the middle of the jaw. This structure is more easily movable and much more soft but is shaped like a bumpy worm (sorry for the ambiguity), in that if I could stretch it out, I would guess it would be an inch long, and about 0.5 mm wide. It seems there are 3 "bumps" within this worm-like structure. I can only feel these if I "pop" them out with my fingers.

I went to see an ENT about it and he said he could not feel either structure, but that if they were not growing I should not concern myself with them. It's been 2 months now and they still have not grown, as far as I can tell. This worries me because I know of nothing that could be such an irregular shape, I don;t believe swollen lymph nodes can be that shape.

If anyone as any information on either structure, what sort of diagnostic tool I should request, if any, or any other advice, I would very much appreciate your time.

Thank you

Re: Lumps in jaw

If an ent has said there is nothing to worry about then put it out of your mind. None of us here are doctors or medical people but as a layman I can say I have had what you do for over a year now and It goes down and up . I had antibiotics for them when the first were swollen and they went down but not all the way . After that I saw a ent and he did everything to check me and I also had blood work done and the doctor said no cancer or anything and the ent said he saw noting suspicious there and the fact that mine never went down and goes up and down all the time.. It seems your is similar. I know there is a chain of lymph nodes exactly where you are talking about. They can become enlarged from sinus, allergies, sore throat , dental problems etc.. So I wouldn't worry .. Just try to put it out of your mind. Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information