Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valdoxan/Agomelatine

Valdoxan/Agomelatine

Anyone taking these? I have just been prescribed them after a horrible trial of Mirtazaoine when Citalopram gave up on me after 15 years. GP says it's gentle and helps regulate your sleep. Wondered if anyone has any experience as it seems like they're relatively new.
    Thanks

Re: Valdoxan/Agomelatine

I tried valdoxan over a 4 week period with no results unfortunately. No side effects which was good, it just didn't touch my anxiety. It did help to regulate sleep in the time though

I don't think any antidepressants are "gentle" but valdoxan is worth a try as the melatonin element may help sleep and the drug is meant to kick in a bit more quickly. You will have to have liver function tests after 6 weeks as some people find it affects their liver enzymes but I'm sure your GP will have advised you on this.

Good luck!

GP didn't even mention liver function tests - I spotted it in the leaflet and arranged it myself! Have taken tabs 2 nights now. The first night I had acid reflux and hardly slept, then last night a bit better. Can't find many success stories though.
    Jaysmd, did you try another med?

I have tried many meds. I don't have much luck

I keep telling myself that people get better without meds (in case this doesn't work) but it's so hard to stay positive, isn't it? I am trying to do all the things I would do without anxiety, and sometimes I'm fine, but I seem to always end up thinking about how I feel and analysing my symptoms. How are you managing at the moment, Jaysmd? Is there anything that helps? x

I'm very depressed without medication... I'm uncomfortably anxious on them but I'm not depressed. I haven't felt normal on or off meds since my roller coaster began. I feel im another statistic in the spiral now

An update!
    I have been taking Valdoxan for 4 weeks now and am about to give up on it. After a couple of weeks I could feel a slight reduction in anxiety but the side effects have knocked me for 6. I initially had increased anxiety and nausea, which I could deal with, then I started getting daily diarrhoea and stomach pains which did not improve. It has been so hard going to work, knowing I could not dash to the bathroom if I needed to (teaching!) so I've decided to stop. The only positive is that the half life is very short, so I should be able to just stop taking them. We'll see ...... I am so disappointed as I am desperate for something to make a difference. Now I need to decide what to try next. Has anyone had any success with antidepressants for physical symptoms of anxiety (brain fog, tense throat etc.)?

Hi 23fish,

It's said to have no withdrawal syndrome, so it should be very easy to come off. MIND still advise tapering to be sure just in case someone is sensitive to meds.

The half life is so short with that med that it will be 100% eliminated in just over half a day!

Short half life drugs can mean a harsh withdrawal like in Ven but with this one having no recorded withdrawal, and I bet it would show up in such a short half life because if you are on Ven standard where you take more than one dose a day, if you miss a dose you can be going cold turkey very quickly afterwards, so I would expect something to known if there was such an issue with this one.

I've had 5 days off Valdoxan now. My stomach is so much better it was worth it. I do now have heightened anxiety, but I think that's more related to a couple of events I'm not looking forward to. It's such a shame as I was beginning to get some sleep!
    Thanks for the info, Terry x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information