Thread: Some one please help

Some one please help

hi guys i suffer really badly from DP/DR
    im just wondering is there ever times when you cant tell if your really here or not
    i seem to be going through times when i cant tell if i feel like im here or i am not i honestly cant tell
    many thanks

Re: Some one please help

That's a perfectly normal feeling, Ian, the feeling of 'not really being here'. However, you really are here. It's just your high levels of anxiety and panic that are making you experience these scary sensations. My panic attacks manifest as depersonalisation exclusively, so I know how you feel. The best thing you can do is try and keep your anxiety levels in check and lower them when you notice them rising, as DP/DR can't happen when your anxiety levels are low. Deep abdominal breathing really helps in the moment.

hi thanks for the reply
    the one that is bugging me the most is not being able to tell if i am here or i am not here ? i honestly cant tell?

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

like somtimes i feel like im really not but others i cant tell if i am or if im not

Hi , sorry you're going through this , first time I had it I was 17 I told my dad and he nearly wet himself , it does usually pass when you stop concentrating on it , I've had years go by where it's gone but it usually turns back up when I'm stressed I'm 45 now and it still scares me sometimes , ignor it and distract yourself with a book or somthing you like doing , don't give it to much attention it like adding fuel to the fire ,feels like I'm watching myself not taking part when it hit , hope it passes real soon for you , take care .

you are here, im reading your post!

i no but it doesn't feel like it / can't tell if i am or if I'm not
    its like I've forgot what it feels like to be here

just to let you know that I have merged your threads

Ian I'm in the same boat as you at the minute. Have a read through my posts ����

Ian, you know that you're here once you've calmed down. I know how scary that feeling could be, just try and remember that it's only anxiety. Pinch yourself if that helps when you're in the moment. It's going to feel better soon, I promise

Thread Information