Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does dp give you strange thoughts

Why does dp give you strange thoughts

why does this happen with dp? like things are not real how am I real and freaking out that the human body is made up! does anyone else have these thoughts? what causes them.

Re: Why does dp give you strange thoughts

Anxiety causes these thoughts. I couldn't tell you the exact cause of it all, though, as I'm no medical professional, but I reckon it's got something to do with brain chemistry. I used to get the same thoughts, especially when my anxiety first started and I had no idea what was happening to me and how to help myself.
    Therapy and medication, as well as time, worked their magic, and I am now in a much, much better place.

I keep getting thoughts like how can I see out my eyes how I don't feel real and how do I know how to walk talk etc has anyone else ever had this? I don't know how things can again feel real after this?

If you're not real, how are you typing on this thread?

Josh - while that's a nice principle, when you feel unreal through derealization, everything feels unreal. This thread, the computer, the room, yourself, your life. Doing and being don't really help ground your thoughts in that way. I can do complex mathematics, balance a ball on my head or even drive a car and still feel like none of it is real!

Quote Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
    Josh - while that's a nice principle, when you feel unreal through derealization, everything feels unreal. This thread, the computer, the room, yourself, your life. Doing and being don't really help ground your thoughts in that way. I can do complex mathematics, balance a ball on my head or even drive a car and still feel like none of it is real!
    Yes, but the fact that I can read this, proves that you are real.

And I know very well what it feels like; I have recovered from it. Please refrain from making absolutist statements about it. It impedes the recovery of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    Yes, but the fact that I can read this, proves that you are real.

And I know very well what it feels like; I have recovered from it. Please refrain from making absolutist statements about it. It impedes the recovery of others.
    Sorry, I'm really not contradicting for contradictions sake, but I suffer from derealization on a daily basis. And I just don't see how you reading this can prove the reality of my life to me. I feel like you could just as easily be a figment of my unreal world?

I agree. Your post proves nothing or doesn't take away how it feels. Caz I'm going through the same. Everything looks weird. Down to my makeup. I question everything and my mind is racing constantly. Everything is why.. And everything I look at makes me feel uncomfortable. I can't even look at photos. It's awful. I feel like iv gone nuts and can't see me returning back to my normal life ����

Sammie and Caz, do you know what caused you to feel such extreme anxiety?
    Think back to when it first started and the events and/or thoughts that had preceded it.

Mines started about a week ago and my anxiety has been getting worse since being pregnant. I'm only 6 week along and for this reason I have decided having anymore children isn't for me and unfortunately taken the abortion pill today. I question everything. Even looking at a bottle of water makes me feel uncomfortable. I can't look at photos as I feel there staring at me �� I sound nuts �� I want it gone. My phychitrist has just prescribed me quetiapine 25mg twice a day. Iv had anxiety for years even racing thoughts but not this. X

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

If I look at my life 6 week ago I was a happy bubbly woman who was running on the field playing football with my son x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information