Thread: Throat/neck issues

Throat/neck issues

Hi All

Just looking for a bit of reassurance - as always. I just wondered if anyone fancied comparing throat symptoms? I might add that I have had various combinations of these to varying degrees over the past 3/4 months.

• Tight neck/throat
    • Tongue/throat spasms
    • Can't clear throat properly - especially in the morning
    • Head/nose/sinsues feel stuffed up - bu there's no snot
    • Dry, prickly tongue and throat
    • Pain in tongue, throat, mouth, gums, teeth
    • Voice hoarse and feels like it's gone deeper
    My common sense tells me this is some form of TMJ (I clench my jaw a lot and use a computer all day at work). My worry-bone tells me I have some kind of throat cancer.

Thanks for reading and really appreciate any replies.

Unhappy Re: Throat/neck issues

Hi

You will see my posts over & over on this site still convinced I have some type of throat or esophageal cancer, been for a chest x-ray and scope down my throat they have found nothing (thankfully!) expect inflammation which is reflux however my throat symptoms still persist!

Tight neck/throat - YES - feels like my throat is closinjg and right now as I type it is occuring!
    Tongue/throat spasms - no
    Can't clear throat properly - especially in the morning - all day for me but nothing there
    Head/nose/sinsues feel stuffed up - bu there's no snot - yes
    Dry, prickly tongue and throat - throat yes, stinging more like but just one side at the moment
    Pain in tongue, throat, mouth, gums, teeth - pain in throat, one sided, started when all this started!
    Voice hoarse and feels like it's gone deeper - yes sometimes but they put it down to reflux

Have you gone for a scope or x-ray? I am going to ask the DR for a GI referral now or PH monitor test..... but she keeps saying its anxiety!
    Does you throat feel like it is sticking together or something dangling behind your throat?

This condition is ridiculous!!!

Re: Throat/neck issues

Yes Kay I do have the throat sticking together/dangle thing - and yes it is quite ridiculous!

I haven't been for scope/X-ray etc as don't feel quite that desperate (yet). But it's very reassuring that you have the same symptoms as me and they have found nothing wrong. I think you really do have to believe it's just anxiety and the symtoms will persist while ever the anxiety does.

Take care and thanks for replying

Yes the dangle thing behind the throat gets me everytime I convince myself there is something there however with the xray and scope I need to behave myself and ensure that what I am feeling is just anxiety, anxiety sufferers always have the need for reassurance!

I hope you feel better soon....

Hi

Just bumping this to see if anyone can offer any suggestions about what might be causing my symptoms (see original post). Could it be an allergy? Could it be that my neck muscles are so tight that it's causing all sorts of throat problems? Could it be GERD?

I've never really had symptoms as definite as this for as long. The constant throat clearing has really had an effect on my voice, but although I'm trying to stop, if I don't clear it, my voice goes hoarse and I can't seem to get rid of the mucous there and at the back of my nose. My throat is gurgling too every time I swallow - especially saliva - which I find weird.

I'm sneezing occasionally too and my eyes feel a little dry sometimes, so an allergy seems most likely but they're not the predominant symptoms. It's the throat stuff that is the most troublesome and what I'm most worried about. I keep thinking there's some kind of growth that's causing all these symptom, but if there is, it's a slow one as I've just checked back and was fist reporting throat clearing last August! I haven't smoked for years (and was never a big smoker anyway) but I do drink - would this put me at risk of some kind of growth on my larynx?

I really, really don't want to see my GP but in any case, I can't get an appointment for two weeks anyway. I think if I heard from enough people with the same symptoms, it would help me not to Google. I'm really tempted but know it's not the right thing to do.

Can anyone help me?

Thread Information