Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to citalopram, argh!

Question New to citalopram, argh!

Hello all. I started taking 20mg of citalopram on Tuesday due to anxiety and depression. I tried mirtazapine first and really didn't like it...it gave me terrible dreams, anger and frankly I'd have gone up 3 dress sizes by summer if I'd carried on with it.
    I was wondering how people are finding citalopram? I am currently in a very stressful situation and have had an awful lot going on in my personal life as well over the last six months, and after suffering another few sleepless nights, decided it was time to get a bit of help. The utter panic I've felt, especially today, on cit is awful. I saw my pharmacist today and he was great, gave me some meditation and relaxation techniques and advised me to try and power through but to go back if I experienced any suicidal thoughts. I absolutely don't feel that way but I just want some reassurance that this panic will stop! I have a child, a business to run, a partner and life to try and enjoy and I really can't deal with this level of anxiety for too long! It's been constant and overpowering today :(

Re: New to citalopram, argh!

Thank goodness, I don't feel quite as panicked today.... Yesterday was hellish. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not at work out not but I'm taking my son out for the day and was dreading feeling like that. It's still there but under the surface, which is fine....I think I would just really like some reassurance that I'll get back to normal one day :'(

Stick with it, I've been on citalopram maybe 20 months now and it continues to benefit me, it took a good while to kick in though, around 7 weeks

I'm 2 months today and had a hard time getting used to it, but now I can lead a mostly normal life & my anxiety is much easier to ignore. Hang in there! X

I'm just over 2 months and I'm in a much better place than I was at the beginning. Still not there yet, it's a long road

Thankyou all I feel so much better today. Not great but much much better than yesterday thank God.
    I'm wondering what peoples experiences of drinking alcohol are when takingcitalopram? Does it increase any side effects? I'm not about to get trollied haha just wondering if I should risk a glass of wine at any point?
    I am so relieved that I've at least had a break from the panic.

A couple of glasses of wine won't hurt. Don't drive though! Lol

Haha course not, thankyou for that, I just didn't want it to increase the side effects dramatically. Fingers crossed I start having more days like today! Kind of dreading Monday as work is so stressful right now, I hope I manage to stay ok for that.

There will be up and Downs, but any improvement is always a positive sign. Good luck

My first week on citalopram I drank a full bottle of prosecco and felt fine! I think people get worse hangovers on it and a woman at work said her hubby is completely wiped out the next day if he drinks on it, but I've drank a few times & been fine xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information