Thread: Hi everyone - on mirtazapine and withdrawing from citalopram

Hi everyone - on mirtazapine and withdrawing from citalopram

Hi everyone, I'd just like to get some advice and support as seeing my GPs is like fighting a losing battle.

I've been on mirtazapine for nearly 2 months now and at the beginning it was great - had loads of energy but was coming of citalopram and didn't come off slowly enough. Doctor said it would be fine but he was talking rubbish. I had nearly a week off work 2 weeks after coming off the citalopram and it got marginally better. I struggled last week a little and last weekend I thought I was turning a corner but from this Tuesday onwards I've been feeling really groggy, crying spells that last for seconds, very on edge and agitated. My mind wants to do things and feels hyper but my body is really weak and I can't concentrate. I'm really groggy and on edge, clenching my teeth and hands. Also feel a little like I'm having palpitations. I've never been this bad before when I wasn't taking anything. Plus I've had tinnitus ever since coming of the citalopram.

My question is, is this normal after 8 weeks of 15mg mirtazapine and 6 weeks off citalopram 10mg?

I also got hot and cold flushes this week, like when you have a cold. That was the same when I came off the citalopram last year and wasn't taking anything. I feel as though what I'm suffering with is still citalopram withdrawal on top on the mirtazapine which is making me anxious. I just want it to go back to the way it was when I started taking it. Had loads of energy and felt great.

Please can someone put my mind at ease and tell me it'll get better!

Thanks ever so much
    Dan

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya djw32 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi everyone - on mirtazapine and withdrawing from citalopram

Thanks, will do :-)

Thread Information