Thread: Hopeless, Help?

Hopeless, Help?

I am on Abilify, Epitec and Lily. My doc recently pushed up the Lily from 20 to 40 mg's. I have been drinking this combo for about two weeks. I had really bad side effects at first - tired all the time, sweating a lot, nausea, dizziness and more. Right now I am in a pretty bad place. I feel so tired of everything and I just feel like giving up. I don't know whether to go back to 20 or stay and wait it out? Will it get better? And how long does it usually take? I am tired of crying myself to sleep night after night. I feel so depressed and anxious that I can't even function right. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Hopeless, Help?

Hi

I'm not sure what Lily is? I know its a pharma company so it probably says that on the pill? But I couldn't find any medication called Lily. Have you tried Citalopram? They use that a lot in the UK now. 20 to 40mg is quite a big jump, your body probably isn't used to it, try cutting one of the tablets in half so you are taking 30, then work your way up to 40.

If you aren't happy with it go back to your doctor. Do you think your depressed now because its a side effect of the medication, or are the other side effects causing your depression?

I haven't really had any side effects on anti depressants, only when trying to come off them, you need to gradually come off them, if I'm late with a dose I feel nauseous though.

Did you get prescribed all 3 medications at the same time recently? Or were you OK on all 3 until you have lily pushed up?

Takecare

Re: Hopeless, Help?

Hi, I see you're in South Africa, which is where I'm from (moved to the UK some time ago).

If I remember, Lily is just another form of Prozac, an anti depressant. I was on 20mg for many years but it took months before I felt they were really helping. I found I had to use other coping strategies combined with the medication before I got some relief.

There are other things that help, such as CBT if you can find someone who can help you with this therapy.

Keep on with the Lily because they do help eventually, sometimes it just takes a while.

Thread Information