Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Twitching

Still Twitching

Still have the twitch in my arm a week and 2 days now and I am really freaking out that it hasnt stopped and is still in the same place. At times I cant feel it even if I put my arm over but currently its going crazy and I am panicking someone help...

Re: Still Twitching

Remind me... are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No I havent been as I was coping quite well for a while for about 2 or 3 months but now since this twitch I have been so worried and it has triggered me to be extra aware.

I went through a long spell of having painless muscle twitches all over my body like literally all over the place, at one single time there could be 4/5 muscles twitches rapidly. I could see most of them and the strangest was my stomach, i saw a neuro and nothing said benign. They have stopped now although i never thought they would x

There's a difference between coping and living. You may want to consider revising your train of thought and reconsider seeking help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I have had twitches all over since I can remember but the fact this one is persistent and has been there for so long and is so strong is worrying me.

A reply from your first post over a year ago... Think about all the time you've wasted worrying about things that never existed....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    At the ripe old age of 20, there's no way to predict the future nor assess any risks involved nor is there any way to determine what long term damage or risk there is from your body being in a stressed state. Quite frankly, and again at your age, this is an irrational fear and one that's wasting your time and causing you additional unnecessary stress.

The simple truth is to eat right, exercise, don't smoke and do the things to keep yourself healthy and happy. Life will have stressful times. Treat your anxiety to learn to reduce unnecessary stresses and you'll benefit yourself in more ways than one.

By starting now you can minimize the chances of a serious physical or mental issue in the future.
    Positive thoughts

I dont really have weakness which calms me slightly but I do sometimes drop things but only when I am not actively trying to keep it in my hand like if i am focusing on something else and my grip slips but I am worried this is a bad sign

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie123 View Post
    I dont really have weakness which calms me slightly but I do sometimes drop things but only when I am not actively trying to keep it in my hand like if i am focusing on something else and my grip slips but I am worried this is a bad sign
    It is a bad sign but not at all for the reasons you think

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

It's just a hot spot.
    It will pass. I've had some that last for weeks.
    Google something that will help ease your worries. Benign fasiculation syndrome. Or BFS. Loads of people with lots of hotspots as we BFSers call them.
    They will pass, then you get another one. The more you think about them the worse they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information