Thread: Ovarian cancer fear AGAIN

Ovarian cancer fear AGAIN

This must be the tenth time I've thought I've got cancer and the third time with Ovarian cancer.

My husband thinks I'm nuts. I try and explain it but he doesn't understand.

I was pregnant with identical twins last year but lost them at 20 weeks. Since then my HA has been bad. I started putting on weight (not eating any more than I normally do) I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Then came the nausea which I get most days (it feels like nausea - my mouth waters and I find myself constantly swallowing.) I now have this pain/stiffness in my left leg/hip. It comes and goes and I have it worse after exercising or after long periods of sitting/laying.

After I lost my girls they scanned me (last May) and said all looked fine. Could Ovarian cancer grow this quickly? I'm so scared...

Re: Ovarian cancer fear AGAIN

My first thought is not ovarian cancer but hormonal inbalance which is very common after miscarraige and 20 weeks was quite far on. Plus all the mental anguish of whats happened as well must be hard on you x

Have you been to your GP and discussed your symptoms/fears? They can do blood tests for homones and also your thyroid will need checking if it hasn't been done in past 6 months as pregnancy/miscarriage is a known trigger for underactive thyroid which could be a reason for your weight gain when not eating more.

Personally I would see Gp with symptoms and ask when you last had your thyroid and hormone levels checked.

Re: Ovarian cancer fear AGAIN

I've been going through this fear as well. Along with colon cancer. I'm severely anemic and have been having weird bowel movements along with lower back, hip, and groin pain. Sometimes it's both sides, sometimes one or the other. It's pretty painful and very uncomfortable. Same as you, especially if I'm sitting or laying for too long.

I'm sorry you're going through this and I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I had a miscarriage in November and it was tough, but I was only about 12 weeks along.

I also wondered if ovarian cancer can grow that quickly. I would think they would have seen something, it really hasn't been THAT long since our ovaries have been looked at. Do you remember if they mentioned any cysts? Those could cause pain and discomfort. I just made an appointment with my GYN, maybe you should too? Just to get a check up especially since having the miscarriage.

Thread Information