Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally coming through my derealisation 👌 There's hope.

Re: Finally coming through my derealisation 👌 There's hope.

I've considered it with my counselor and doctor. They both told me unless my life becomes seriously affected that I don't need meds. My social life is fine. It's just days I'm locked in my damn house sometimes lol

Hi Sammie, great to hear you are coming through it. I find this symptom very had to deal with, and extremely depressing, so many times I've told my parents I don't want to live anymore because of this. It makes you feel like you're loosing your mind and everything you once accepted as normal is now strange and scary, it's terrifying. What medication are you on if you don't mind me asking? X

Hi Sammie, how are you doing now? Do you have any advice for getting through this? Everything feels strange to me and feel like I can't take anymore of it

Jenijar, I feel for you. I am exactly the same way today and its awful :-(

Hi Nikita,
    I feel like I don't even exist, I told my father that and he said you must know you exist you're sitting here talking to us! I couldn't explain to him that no matter how rational that may be I still feel like I don't exist, no matter how many times he says I exist I still don't feel it! I hate this! It's so disturbing. All my familiar things now feel strange to me, I just can't take it, I feel like I just keep getting worse in so depressed and don't want to go on anymore :(

It is extreme anxiety pet and is diagnosed as being the most debilitating symptom of all. It is quite common and because people like us who have it, try so hard to act normal, we don't realise that the person sitting next to us may have it also. Trying to hide it is actually exhausting and makes it worse. This morning my partner was here and I was hoping he would hurry up and leave as I was worn out trying to act as if I was in great form, when actually I thought any minute I am going to burst into tears. I hide my anxiety from him and I know I really need to just tell him. Its so hard to explain though without sounding like a loony. I have often had it at work and sometimes I actually think that my voice sounds slurry or I feel pins and needles in my face and I am trying to talk to customers and its so hard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information