Thread: Now im worried I have aids!!!

Now im worried I have aids!!!

I suffer badly with obsessive thoughts, i useually worry about harming people or myself etc but that stuff has been taking a back seat lately which is good!!
    However the other day I was doing some temp work, a woman cut her arm which bled a little, she just wiped off the blood with her hand and continued working, anyway, she was passing me stuff and i just kept obsessing that I was going to get her blood on me and catch aids!!!
    I do worry about germs and infection but this just wont get out of my head!!! Arhhhhh!!
    Just thought i'd spread the joy!!!
    Worry

P.s has anyone wathched "MONK" the obsesive compulsive detective!!!! Its a great programme!!!! I relate to it well!!! LOL

Smile Re: Now im worried I have aids!!!

hiya there, I am sure your fine, sometimes we can convince ourself we have something ,its just the anxiety , I have to say your name made me laugh!!! but hey its just the thoughts thats playing up at the moment, you will be ok!!!! skylight

Re: Now im worried I have aids!!!

Hi,

i've been there and done that one, you will not have aids so please do not worry, you can only catch it through sexual contact and sharing needles etc, and it is quite hard to catch anyway - dont know if any of this will make you feel better i felt like you did for 3 years and even now i hate to read articles on it or anything because i get so worried, i even think that the people who have given me the blood tests to check if i have, have given it to me.
    feel free to pm me if you want to chat more
    Kelly
    x

Many thanks to the both of you!! Sometimes you just need someone to give you some support and advice!!
    I know im being silly but i suppose its just the dreded OCD!!!!
    Thanks again

Worry

You'll be fine. I think the HIV virus is incredibly fragile outside of the body, so transmission can only occur via the routes Kellym described. I had a similar episode to you when I kissed a girl in a club, I was worried the rest of the evening that she might have given me aids or something, which is very silly of course.

Thread Information