Thread: Sharp pinching type pain in upper back

Unhappy Sharp pinching type pain in upper back

Ok past couple of years I've suffered really bad health anxiety and everyday it's always a different symptom so I do the worst thing and google my symptoms and this ha made me worse . So I am now on citalopram and don't feel like it is helping as I have this sharp stabbing pain that comes and goes through out the day at the top of my back directly behind my heart and I am convinced I'm about to have a heart attack .. I'm so scared can anyone advise me please

Re: Sharp pinching type pain in upper back

Have you considered a trapped nerve? I have very similar to you, and it's been pinched nerves as my trap muscles are always very tense

Unhappy Re: Sharp pinching type pain in upper back

No I haven't ! I automatically think the worst and it comes on after eating and my heart pounds . Going to the doctor today ! Last time he said it was GERD I find it hard to believe him

I'm exactly the same way. In a way I wish I could not even access Google, I wouldn't probably have much anxiety if I had to go to the library and search everything instead of having the power constantly at my fingertips. I too have been dealing with back pain that automatically lead me to stomach problems or pancreas although with no real abdominal pain. Does your back pain feel better if you rub on it? I would venture to say it is totally built up tension and then worrying makes it worse. Please keep us informed on how your doctor visit goes and best wishes for you.

Doctor says its muscular but I'm not sure as I have not been lifting or doing anything strenuous plus the pain is a sharp twinge that comes on and last a few seconds then goes again , I'm still being stupid and google searching ! Heads completely away with it . Like I'm fit and healthy and he prob thinks I'm way to young to have a heart attack ...

Thread Information